Leg strap for wireless plow remote

CFS

I have a Sno-Way V-plow with the wireless remote and i'm looking to get/make a leg strap so it sits on my right thigh while plowing. I need a third hand while plowing with this thing (my last plow was a Fisher 4-way, so not a lot controlling of the plow required). Does anyone have something similar either that they made or bought? I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel if I can avoid it. Thanks

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't have a remote but the first thing that popped into my mind for making something was some construction knee pads.
With velcro to wrap around you legs and a hard plastic plate for mounting your remote, it may be a cheap, easy option.

Something like these.

bullet_8898203_blk_15.jpg

CFS

I don't have a remote but the first thing that popped into my mind for making something was some construction knee pads.
With velcro to wrap around you legs and a hard plastic plate for mounting your remote, it may be a cheap, easy option.

Something like these.

If I make something I will probably use a tactical leg strap, similar idea, less bulk as knee pads. I'm curious if anyone else is using something to keep their remote from flying across the cab, but not mounting it to the dash.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Have you looked at Ram mounts? They can mount just about anything to anywhere.
https://www.rammount.com/

I don't use them for my winch remote but have them in my RTV for garage door opener, pistol carrier, cell phone holder...

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Just another idea. Visit Sporty's.com, an aviation supply site. Pilots often use a knee board strapped to their leg to hold approach/departure and communication frequencies and other information they use to keep handy as they aviate. You might get some food for thought for your application.

plow remote holder

Purchased this seat gap organizer at Walmart to put in between the seats to hold the remote for my Boss V-plow. Used it today and it works very well.

Attachments

• plow1.jpg
    plow1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 30
  • plow2.jpg
    plow2.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 32
  • plow3.jpg
    plow3.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 31