Kioti ck20s won't crank over???

Billjr

Ijust got this kioti about 16 days ago and I already have a problem with it. So I started it up and let it warm up for 10 min. while i was doing other stuff. then i moved it to my work area let it run for a few more min. then i shut it off then about 45 min later it wouldn't even crank over all gauges work fine just like there's no juice to the starter. so i called the place where i got it, he said to check the clutch switch so i did still nothing so then he said to replace the switch for a new one that he gave me still nothing. What else could it be?? I can turn switch on and jump the starter and it starts right up but if i use the switch there's nothing like there's a fuse or relay that's not letting juice go to the starter. I'm new to kioti and all this new tech. so i'm lost to many wires in there for me, reminds me of the new cars with all this wiring, so if anybody has any ideas other than what i've tried please help. checked fuses,clutch neutral switch, replaced the key switch, batt at full charge,all gauges work fine. just won't crank over.. :unhappy:

dealer said it was a 2010 model ck20s

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.

My first guess is you have a bad battery cable. They look fine on the outside but corroded inside, probably near the battery end. To test or confirm, use a set of jumper cables from the battery to the starter solenoid (running the same path as the regular cable). If it starts, you have a bad cable.

The cable can carry the volts OK so it'll light up everything but can't carry the amps because of the corrosion.

Billjr

I can take a jumper wire from batt lead on starter and touch the other wire with it and it starts right up so i think its got juice to starter from the batt and it doesn't crank over three times before it starts with no lagging. but i will check again to see if any corrosion on the leads also the batt ends are new, looks like they replaced them when they put on the new battery. just can't figure it out everything looks real good to me I have a meter where i can check to see if there is 12v going to starter but it seems like there isn't any clicking on starter when i turn the key but after the glow plug light goes off there is a light click to tell me its ready to start.

Thanks for the input I'll let you know what I find

Billjr

Is there a relay from key switch to the wire on the starter I seen one that was in front closest to steering wheel that was yellow I checked that one and looks real good so i put some dielectric grease on it stuck it back on. how do i check under the instrument panel is there a way to get it off a little without unhooking everything from the dash panel. Just need enough to test and see if there's something under there that might be wrong?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't have a Kioti so I can't help with the dash area. My Dad had a couple CK20's and my friend has a DK35 but these aren't near me to take a peek.

I guess I misread a previous post. I thought you ran a jumper from the battery to the starter or starter side of the solenoid and it started. That's what led me to think possible bad solenoid.

Billjr

it would be nice if on these newer tractors if they would put a OBD2 on them so i could just plug in and find out what was really wrong

Billjr

Called dealer that sold me the tractor and told him everything i tried and he said that was what he would do, but its gonna have to come back to him to do more,the only thing with that is to hard to find a truck and trailer that will take time to haul it to him. I would rather fix it my self if i could that a way i learn on the tractor i use so i can keep an eye on what is going on with it.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Where are you in WV and where's the dealer? I'm not far from Weirton.

Billjr

22miles from weston about 18 from glenville right on lewis, gilmer border .

Dealer is johnsons equip. on berlin road couple miles past walmart ,great guys always help me the best they can ,gave me a fair deal on tractor. just a real pain for me trying to get it to them. I have use of a trailer but I sold my truck last year. and everybody works around me and by the time they get off work johnsons are closed but if i can i'd like to fix it myself. ain't nothing like being able to work on your own stuff. sort of rewarding in my opinion.

Billjr

well I FIGURED IT OUT I took the dash screws out and raised it up as far as I could and found the relay on the top right side of the firewall it was clicking when i turned the switch but it wasn't putting any juice to the solenoid so i removed it from the harness and checked it and it was corroded up so i cleaned it and put some dielectric grease on it put it back together and it started several times making sure before i put every thing back together, so that was it a little relay stopped all my work and i'm so glad that i found it thank you guy for all your help I really appreciate the ideas you gave me THANKS AGAIN BCZOOM you the man thanks