how yall been doing

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
just stopped by the site again after a long break.been on the road alot and still on the road figured i would drop in and say hello .might try getting back into making stuff again.i seem to have a week or two in between jobs .so has any of my stuff a made broke yet im was wondering how it's all holding up?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi ya Peanut. It's good to hear from you. :) My stick stoppers are flawless even after 3600 hrs. I wish you could make a good seat for the RTV. I evidently need a set of seat rip stoppers. The vinyl on it has gone downhill. So far everything else is holding together .
I hope you have a good rest of the time off. collie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Tommy, glad to hear from you. Glad to hear you may have a bit of time off coming up. It's good to have a little down time now and then.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
yea they got me running from texas to miss .went to a small little town called palacios texas for a week then to gulfport for near a month now they talking about a job in mobile al. i have been getting a day or two in between jobs but i don't like to sit around so im thinking of getting back into rtv parts.i ran a add in the local facebook group asking if anyone has an trv i can get measurements off of so hopefully someone will answer back..i'm back contract welding and it's alot more interesting than going to the same shop everyday doing the same thing everyday. i went offshore for a week and that was funhad a 24 hour crewboat ride out to garden banks only to find out the the harvey subsea had moved on to the next location wich was green canyon .yup it was all the way across the gulf to other location.never a dull moment.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Good to see you back here TOMMY!! Mostly, lots of folks here now have no idea who or what you are; but your reputation is intact for sure. Nobody complains about your work; but MANY FOLKS WANT YOU TO DO STUFF FOR THEM. That is a for sure.
Hope your family is doing well. Jamie is doing good and his "Shop" is keeping him totally occupied. With the energy sector doing well and them opening up the Atlantic and Pacific it would seem an offshore fella with your talent is guaranteed a living for life.
I hope you can find a pattern RTV to make stuff for.......God bless YOU Tommy and do stay in touch..............Dennis

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
thanks guys .i sure hope the work keeps coming .the economy was in the dumps for a while.but i rather make custom parts rather than make regular oilfield stuff. good to hear about twoguns i tried calling him a few times but no answer i was thinking the worst.had a scrap guy stop by my house the otherday and he was looking through my piles of iron he picked up my set of stickstoppers and asked if it was scrap .at first i wanted to tell him yea go ahead and take them but something inside told me no so they are still sitting on my table.lol hopefully someone around here will have a newer style rtv to make patterns off of.so far all i came across was a rtv500.

Man if you come around the grimes county/Montgomery county Texas area you can use mine and my shop if you need to study it up for a while. Was hoping you’d get a chance to do more stuff, jealous of the guys that got your stuff in the last

Brett

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey hey Peanut!!!! Great to hear from you. My stick stoppers are doing the job, no problems.
I'm guessing our members will keep you as busy or busier than you want to be.
All the best buddy!!!!!

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
don't know if I showed yall my last project.it's solid stainless steel weight about 1000lbs.I twisted 3/16 brass brazing rods to make handle and line the lid hope picture uploads

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1519611860286.jpg
    FB_IMG_1519611860286.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 56

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
Man if you come around the grimes county/Montgomery county Texas area you can use mine and my shop if you need to study it up for a while. Was hoping you’d get a chance to do more stuff, jealous of the guys that got your stuff in the last

Brett

I was just looking at the map and I passed not to far from you when I went down to palacious .I was down there near port lavaca.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Peanut:
So good to see you again. You are like a family member we haven't seen in a long time. Too bad we are spread all over the country or a reunion of sorts would be in order. Can't say that with a lot of folks we run into as we go through life.

My stick stoppers you built for me have been dirty many times but they've never bent. Certainly a RTV Best Buy.

I hope all is well with you and your loved ones.

Keifer