Kubota RTV window protection

Boxcarman

I would like to make a screen to cover my rear window on my RTV to keep from putting a piece of firewood through it. Maybe something out of expanded metal or something. Any of you guys make something similar? If so could you post a picture or two so maybe I can get an idea on how you did it? Thanks. BCM

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
I bought the rear screen from bota but if you bury the bed in brush it tends to get stuck in said screen and mess it up when dumping. In the future I plan to build bed rails with a incorporated screen there's one I have seen on this forum I want to model it after.

ovrszd

I didn't include a window screen but added what I call a "headache rack to my bed rails.

Attachments

• 20151006_190946 (1280x720).jpg
    20151006_190946 (1280x720).jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 179
  • 20151007_085627 (1280x720).jpg
    20151007_085627 (1280x720).jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 176

cowrider

I just built mine from 1" sqr tube and expanded metal. It might be a bit on the heavy side but when you throw things around you are not always careful or accurate. I think I still need to add a piece below the guard.

Attachments

• Window guard 01a.jpg
    Window guard 01a.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 157
  • Window guard 02a.jpg
    Window guard 02a.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 157

cowrider

Thanks. The RTV's that I got both came with the Kubota window guards which I gave to a couple of neighbors who have the x1100. I think the stock guards work better on the new model because of the large gap between the cab and the box. The older model has the box up to the cab and easier to catch the guard with stuff when raising the box. I made two at the same time, fairly easy to make and won't break the bank. To make the bends to clear the cab just cut through with a cut off disk 3 sides, I have one set up on a angle grinder, and pull into the cut. Then a pass with the MIG does the trick. If a greater angle is needed just take a little more out of the cut.

ovrszd

Great work!!!

Is the back of the cab plastic below your guard? I'd be a bit paranoid about hitting it too much as you said. Looks like it would be pretty simple to guard that as well. :)

cowrider

The back of the cab is steel. I think I will fill in between the guard and the box later with some more expanded metal or tin. Not that I think it needs it, The main thing was to protect the glass.

ovrszd

Yep I understand that. I haul a lot of loose dirt and gravel. I didn't like material dribbling off the load and landing on top of the engine.....