Unknown plug on dk45

Dieselt

Hello, I have a kioti dk45 2006. What is the rubber plug that can be removed below the alternator, thanks

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't have a kioti. Could you tell us more about it? Is it just a plug or is there wires going to it or ???
Can you post a picture of it and it's location?
I'd suggest you look online for your tractor's engine parts manual. Lots of places have them free. They'll show you the engine then have a bunch of numbered parts with their descriptions.
Never used this site but it appears they have manuals for your tractor which may help.
https://justgivemethedamnmanual.com/service-repair-manuals/Agriculture/Tractors/Kioti_Daedong

Dieselt

Unknown plug (cont.)

Thank you for responding, here are the pictures. Also, thanks for the link for the manuals, I'll order them.

Attachments

• 20200410_123131.jpg
    20200410_123131.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 20200410_123118.jpg
    20200410_123118.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 21

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
For the manuals, I just picked that link as it appeared they were "free".
If not free and you haven't already ordered it, I'd suggest you shop around. Can't speak for Kioti, but for Kubota, there's a lot of fake manuals. Either poorly written or just a PDF reproduction of a real manual.

Is that a pump below the cap? Possibly the oil pump? I see something oily. Is that engine oil?

Dieselt

Good morning, you can see inside of the engine and everything is coated with oil. Got me baffled, but this is the first daedong diesel that I have ever had. Have a safe and blessed Easter.

Dieselt

Well I ordered a downloaded manual, no help there, but it did have a picture of the plug. Thanks anyway, have great Easter.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Vince! You're the person I'd hoped would chime in but haven't heard from you in awhile.

DK35vince

Thanks Vince! You're the person I'd hoped would chime in but haven't heard from you in awhile.
I don't think my DK 35 has that plug (can't remember, I'd have to look, I generally fill mine through the valve cover port).
But it does look like an extra engine oil fill port to me.

DK35vince

I don't think my DK 35 has that plug (can't remember, I'd have to look, I generally fill mine through the valve cover port).
But it does look like an extra engine oil fill port to me.
Correction.
Out of curiosity I went to the barn to look.
My DK 35 does have that plug. I just never used it.
Its an extra oil fill port. You can fill engine oil at the valve cover or use that port, which ever is easier