Said goodbye to my Blue Buddy

jwstewar

Staff member
Well after 17 years and a little over 2500 hours, I said goodbye to my Blue Buddy. It has been a great tractor, but as we have gotten into the goats more we found we were needing to switch between tractor duties and mowing duties too much and I was spending too much time doing that. Combine that with the fact that we are now feeding round bales and the New Holland struggled with some of them. Combined with the fact the mower deck was really starting to show its age, we decided for it to see other pastures.

We have purchased a Spartan SRT XD w/ 37 HP Vanguard with fuel injection and a 72" deck to take over mowing duties. I have then ordered a Kubota L3301 to take over the tractor duties as I'm not a fan of the new LS made New Hollands. Just some things with it that don't sit right with me. So I'm changing my colors from blue to orange.

Attachments

• New Holland.jpg
    New Holland.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 16
  • New Holland 2.jpg
    New Holland 2.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 15
  • New Holland 3.jpg
    New Holland 3.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 17
  • New Holland 4.jpg
    New Holland 4.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 17
  • New Holland 5.jpg
    New Holland 5.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 16
  • New Holland 6.jpg
    New Holland 6.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 16
  • New Holland 7.jpg
    New Holland 7.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 15
  • New Holland 8.jpg
    New Holland 8.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 14
  • New Holland Deck.jpg
    New Holland Deck.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Doc

jwstewar

Staff member
Oh, one last tidbit. I wasn't going to let the Pat's Easy Change go with the tractor. I tried to take it off. It has become one with the 3 PH. The PEC hasn't been off since probably 2007 and was now part of the tractor, so the buyer got a free quick hitch. I ended up adding extendable link arms to the Kubota, so they wouldn't have been necessary any way. I just hope I like the extendable arms as much as I liked the PEC.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Where's the pics of your new equipment? Didn't happen unless there's pics to prove it. ;)
That bucket looks huge on that TC24! Could it actually lift a full bucket of dirt or stone?

jwstewar

Staff member
Where's the pics of your new equipment? Didn't happen unless there's pics to prove it. ;)
That bucket looks huge on that TC24! Could it actually lift a full bucket of dirt or stone?

It was a 54" bucket. It would actually lift it full. Once in a great while I could load it with wet manure that it couldn't lift it all of the way and I would have to dump a bit to get to max height, but that wasn't very often. Very strong loader for that size tractor.

Oh, pics of the new mower are in the new Zero Turn section. No pictures of the Kubota yet as I'm still waiting on it. I talked to them last Tuesday they said they had found the tires I wanted and I should have the tractor by the end of the week. Called them on Friday morning and they said Tuesday or Wednesday. Not sure if I'll be able to make it to the dealership then or it'll have to wait until Friday when I have taken PTO....different type of PTO, lol.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i suggest that you add ballast to the rear tires of your kubota especially for round bales. the K's are notorious light in the rear. i used beet juice as ballast because it is almost as heavy as calcium but not corrosive.

jwstewar

Staff member
i suggest that you add ballast to the rear tires of your kubota especially for round bales. the K's are notorious light in the rear. i used beet juice as ballast because it is almost as heavy as calcium but not corrosive.

Dealer adds Rimguard by default. I had windshield washer fluid in the New Holland.

ItBmine

I really liked, and wanted the old Shibaura built Boomer. But I couldn't find an NH dealer within 6 hours of me that was interested in selling me one, so I also went Kubota and have been very happy with it.