Do X1120D Doors fit on a X900?

kennyr

Hi all,

I have a number of Kubota products, and I recently upgraded from a Kawasaki Mule 610 to a new X-900. I wondered if anyone knows (or has installed) if the half doors on the X-1120D will also fit on the X-900?

I don't want to deal with full size doors when working on my property, but thought half doors would add some safety when the grandkids are riding around the property and woods.

I know there are a number of options to add soft and hard full doors to the X-900, but don't see any aftermarket half doors. If they would fit, I'd order the necessary parts from Kubota. It looks to me like the frame and roll bars on the x-900 and x1120D are the same...

Thanks in advance, and I appreciate being added to the forum.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Kenny, welcome to our forums. Glad you found us.
A lot of us will be interested in the answer to this. :thumb:

kennyr

I didn't get an answer to my question, so I decided to do some research on my own.

The frame and ROPS specifications for the X900 and x1120 are identical and my dealer confirmed that they are both built on the same frame. I checked the workshop and service manual (both use the same manual), and found a Kubota parts diagram for the x1120 bodywork. I found the Kubota part numbers for the x1120 R&L doors, hinges, latches, and other hardware.

I ordered all of the necessary parts from my dealer, and they came in today...total price for the parts was under $360 + freight and tax. I'll install them tomorrow and post a picture.

kennyr

x900 Kubota door project is done! Overall install of the doors was about an hour, but I discovered a minor problem.

I realized I didn't include the door latch catches, because they weren't shown listed in the door parts diagram. I discovered that while they are otherwise identical, the x1200 side seat rails which are bolted between the ROPS and frame has a 2 inch square door latch catch welded on.

Since I needed to install a catch to hold the doors closed, and didn't want to spend $40+ dollars each to replace the perfectly good R and L rails, I used a 5/16" 3 inch square u-bolt with threads on each side, drilled holes into the side rails, and bolted them on. After some final adjustments and alignments, the doors open, close and latch perfectly.

So to answer my original question, yes, the x1120 Kubota half doors fit perfectly on the x900. They provide some additional safety with easy on and off the vehicle. I'm surprised Kubota doesn't offer all of the parts in a single kit as an x900 accessory, under $500 (if you replace the side rails). Here are a few pictures of the final result.

picture.php

picture.php