Bed creep

CKing

As more and more Kubota owners are saying Kubota needs to fix all known problems or get out of the side by side business.

I bought mine new early last fall, if I had been aware of all of the mechanical problems I would have bought a Kioti at 20 percent less money :-(

What other problems have you had?

Lee1935

problems with a machine that has less than 20 hours ☺? passenger seat came apart, replaced by dealer, would not start if below 30 degrees repaired by dealer.
reading through these forums a person has to shake their head at the problems with kubota.
The hydro-static transmission is a bad joke and one of the main problem areas.

In 1955 I was driving a 50 ton tank with just such a transmission. When you wanted to go you pushed the GAS pedal down and away you went. Steep Hills? no taking your foot off the gas to climb them.

1970 the best all terrain vehicle (Cushman Trackster) in Alaska had a great hyrdo tranny that would go anywhere you had the nerve to drive it.

If anyone wants to pay me 90 percent of what I have in it they can come get my X900. windsheild, top, winch, snorkel kit, comes with two sets of wheels, turf tires and a set of tires that will get you through mud bogs

CKing

You know you can't 90% out of anything you buy unless its rare or in a backorder state. I bet you offer 20% it might move, and if you hate something I say get ride it at whatever you can get for it. Or go use it as a trade.

Our buggy is at the dealer for the last 3 weeks now. Kubota is telling the,, my bed creep is considered operating as normal. I have made two calls to corporate to complain and ask how me sitting on my bed and it dumping me out is operating normal or how acceptable is it to put 3 bags of corn at the back of the bed and it gets dumped out. Dealer said they will help me and figure out something regardless of what kubota does but I wish they would just man up and tell me they aren’t fixing this known issue vs telling me it’s supposed to do that. That kind of stuff drives me crazy

Brett

CKing

I believe that it can be fixed because mine so far does not have this problem, two fat guys saying 700 pounds sat on my tail gate while bs'ing for about hour and other than the slop in the hinges it didn't move engine off. Now guy with sprayer and booms hanging off rear bouncing through fields that is an overload and the addition of solenoid is simple fix.

It is a known issue... but we couldn’t wait. That is why we did the fix with the valve.

How little I use the dump bed I think I’m going to just add in an in-line shut off valve and call it good worst case. It would be nice if they would acknowledge the issues and offer a fix for those that have an issue with this. I’m wondering if the springs in the valve are just weak and letting oil flow by

I believe that it can be fixed because mine so far does not have this problem, two fat guys saying 700 pounds sat on my tail gate while bs'ing for about hour and other than the slop in the hinges it didn't move engine off. Now guy with sprayer and booms hanging off rear bouncing through fields that is an overload and the addition of solenoid is simple fix.

I’m 207 and 5’10” sitting with my knees against the tailgate so most my butt is on the bed is when it starts to lift. The higher it gets, the faster it goes. Dealer brought in 2 other machines they had on the lot and they did the same as mine. That doesn’t show it operating as normal, it shows a bad batch of parts to me.

Brett

10-e-c-dirt

I would buy another Kubota x900.. Ive got 5 farm tractors, ( 3 different brands ), 1 RTV, 1 Honda Rancher. And every one has different quirks, Life is much easier to learn to live with the quirks. It aint a perfect world.

After two calls to kubota in Dallas I think we’re making progress. When you ask the question if it’s acceptable to put three bags of corn on the bed with the tailgate down and while you drive to the feeder the bed lifts up enough to dump that it’s operating as designed, they finally catch on to what’s going on.

Kubota told the dealer to pull something apart, (I though the problem was in the valve) but they are saying the transmission and to stretch a spring. The dealer asked, “will this fix it” and kubota told them,”no but it’ll make it better”. That right there tells me they know this is a problem and are working on a fix. They actually acknowledged the issue so that’s progress. The dealer sent his rtv guy to Dallas for training this week and he was going to bring up my issues before tearing into it. I’m planning on getting it tomorrow.

Brett

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
I give up on posting pictures in this forum. I took this photo and emailed it to myself, downloaded it to desktop of computer and uploaded it here all in a attempt to get the photo upright. It does not seem to matter what i do they are always upside down. Is there a photo editor i am missing?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
having an old 2007 model 1100 with the old style bigger bed and also have a 2014 X1100C.
the old model has bed creep too but the pivot point on the bed is real close to the rear of the bed so the more weight you put on it it just stays down. when KTC redesigned the X1100C they moved the pivot point on the bed further forward and now unless the load is front heavy the weight is continually trying to pull the rear of the bed down. in my opinion KTC should have made the frame longer and put the hinge further to the rear.

wheeler

having an old 2007 model 1100 with the old style bigger bed and also have a 2014 X1100C.
the old model has bed creep too but the pivot point on the bed is real close to the rear of the bed so the more weight you put on it it just stays down. when KTC redesigned the X1100C they moved the pivot point on the bed further forward and now unless the load is front heavy the weight is continually trying to pull the rear of the bed down. in my opinion KTC should have made the frame longer and put the hinge further to the rear.

I agree