New Granddaughter

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey guys,
I'm a brand new granddad. Our oldest daughter had a beautiful baby girl yesterday morning.
So, I'm in Cols. Oh. for the next few days.
I'll check in daily, but not near as often as normal.

Any other grandpa's out there?
What do your grandkids call you? I was asked yesterday what i wanted to be called .. I said granddad was fine. They thought that was unimginative. So I'm looking for other names for 'grandpa or granddad. Any ideas?

Mark777

Congratulations Doc!

My grand-kids call me 'Pappy' and I'm not sure how that got started but they all seem to remember the handle........

Mark

jwstewar

Staff member
My kids call Monica's Dad Big Pa and my Dad Little Pa. Not sure how they came up with that, but that is what it is. They call my Mom Nana and Monica's Mom Mamaw. Pretty unimaginative, but at least we know who they are talking about.

Once again, congrats Doc.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I guess Pap, Pappy, Papaw etc. are the standards. I kinda like Big Pa & Little Pa. Those are rather unique. :D

Thanks all.

J

JayC

I guess I'm a little late but congrats anyway, Doc! How's the new granddaughter doing?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Jay!
She is doing great. Grandma picked up lots of supplies to make her a scrapbook today. She has collected all kinds of tidbits about her birth and is putting it all together. It oughta be neat. :D