Rtv 900 drive issue

nutler

Hi to everyone, i am new to the forum and reside in the UK.
Sorry to make my first post a plea for help but i am running out of ideas.
I have a 2008 rtv 900 that i purchased with major problems. So far i have replaced the engine crankshaft and all bearings, conrods, and input shaft flange. On the transmission have replaced the input shaft , swash plate valves, oil (super udt) and all filters (genuine).
Thought i was sorted but no !
The machine will only top out at 15mph and will not climb the slightest incline in H. I know these are not fast but something is not right.
Have checked all linkages for adjustment and free movement and all is fine. Checked brakes for binding , all fine. Engine is good now after rebuild. Removed spark arrestor.
Charge pressure is 95 psi, forward relief valve pressure is 3600, reverse relief valve pressure is 3600 .
I anyone has any ideas what to look at next i would be very appreciative as i am now stumped.

nutler

Hi, the engine doesn’t bog down, if it were a car it gives the same symptoms as the clutch slipping.
I have no real need for speed but I do know something is not correct and have that determination to find it , more fool me, but having spent so much time and money on this I would like to feel happy with it.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
charge pressure seems just a little low. check the rubber hoses that attach to the filter housings. sometimes they collapse or separate on the inside and restrict the flow.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Nutler, I'm sorry to hear of your problems. I was going to ask if you had checked the spark arrestor. Those things will clog and rob power . Look at the end of your muffler and see if there are 2 bolts holding on the tail pipe. If so spray with penetrating fluid and see if you can remove without them breaking off . Then pull out the tailpipe and you should see a screened section and it is most likely filled with soot. There is also a drain port under the bottom of older models. If I remember right , it is an allen head down there. collie

see this thread : http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14605&highlight=spark+arrestor and post dated 02-20-2016, 06:35 AM

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Nutler, I'm sorry to hear of your problems. I was going to ask if you had checked the spark arrestor. Those things will clog and rob power . Look at the end of your muffler and see if there are 2 bolts holding on the tail pipe. If so spray with penetrating fluid and see if you can remove without them breaking off . Then pull out the tailpipe and you should see a screened section and it is most likely filled with soot. There is also a drain port under the bottom of older models. If I remember right , it is an allen head down there. collie

see this thread : http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14605&highlight=spark+arrestor and post dated 02-20-2016, 06:35 AM

pretty sure the op said that the spark arrestor was removed. question??? does the drain you refer to help clear the carbon from the muffler???

nutler

Hi, yes spark arrester is removed as not a requirement in the UK. The suction hoses appear fine, slightly squeezed out of round when passing through the fixing clamp on upper chassis rail but not excessively . I may alter clamp a bit to stop all squeezing.

nutler

No problem collie ��.
Have changed the profile of the suction pipe clamp to stop the little squeeze that it had, and have readjusted the engine throttle cable and hst control lever cable so that no slack is present and machine is just off the verge of creeping forward on tick over. On axel stands the speed has increased from 15mph to 27mph, road test in a minute ��.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
that is interesting. in the opening post you stated this had already been done? glad you found the problem.

nutler

Yes I had adjusted to a happy medium but now is adjusted to “ right on the edge” of its parameters . Did a road test and not much difference ?. Will do the 27mph downhill but still only 15 on the flat (on tarmac road).
While I was there I did check the injector timing, was fine, and the engine oil pressure, also fine. I only did these for my own reference as it was the only two things I had not got figures for.
Will have another session tomorrow and see if anything new comes to light.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
with pressures like that and adjustments at spec things point to low power on the engine. have you checked the rpm with a tach? also do you have the stock tire type and size?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
if that suction hose has an internal flap come lose and restricting flow it will cause your problems. there was a PM put out from KTC on this.

nutler

I haven't carried out an rpm test because to my ear the engine was revving about right, but i will do that for interest.
I had not heard about the suction hose issue so this may give another area to inspect.
My tyres are front 25x10x12 all terrain and rear 25x11x12 all terrain.
I have the opportunity to borrow another rtv 900 from a nearby farm for comparison testing if i need it but not sure that this would gain much as my readings are within kubota specs.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Aurthuritis idea is worth checking, this problem has happened to a few members - had hoses collapse or contort causing such misery.