US TRAIL SYSTEMS

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
before i purchased my RTV i did a lot of youtube watching people running trails with their machines.

CKing

Only speaking for florida ... The Kubota strictly speaking goes under the rules of a tractor because of its top speed is under 30mph thus use on highways is allowed when displaying the slow vehicle plague. Recreational use does not recognize the tractor status therefore use on State land requires a title and proper display of registration [little sticker]. I think it $30 in FL you can download forms, need bill sale and certificate of origin copy of drivers license all must show same address.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Some states might ALSO require some type of insurance to use their trails.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I have heard this come up before and wondered about it myself. It seems us RTV owners are between a rock and a hard place...our farms permit us to purchase tax free and that is great for work. But if we want to have a little fun, every recreational trail I've heard of requires title, tags and insurance.

You folks have been at this a lot longer than me. And this might sound silly but have any of our members ever hosted an RTV day at their place?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
And this might sound silly but have any of our members ever hosted an RTV day at their place?
I've thought about it but turtle races take too long. ;)

My trails to the back of my land are about 1/2 mile and takes a considerable amount of time on the RTV. With the ATV, I can do it in a couple minutes.

It's beautiful when you get there but not a quick ride.

I've ridden with go-fast UTV's and ATV's but I carry the gear and eventually catch up. They don't go too far away since I carry the coolers of beer so they keep me kind of close in their own best interest.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I sure don't. But I would imagine any such event would require each of us to sign a "notice to hold harmless" that would protect the owner.

Maybe I am getting old but how it takes to get somewhere on our land just doesn't bother me anymore. The only thing better is when my better half drives me so I can look around.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Anybody know how much liability insurance costs.
OK, just checked my policy.
My total is $81 per year for full coverage and high liability amounts.
Here's the premium breakdown

BODILY INJURY & PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY $9.00
BI $250,000 EACH PERSON - $500,000 EACH ACCIDENT PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY - $100,000 EACH ACCIDENT

UNINSURED MOTORIST BODILY INJURY - STACKED $5.00
$250,000 EACH PERSON - $500,000 EACH ACCIDENT

UNDERINSURED MOTORIST BODILY INJURY - STACKED $11.00
$250,000 EACH PERSON - $500,000 EACH ACCIDENT

COMPREHENSIVE $0 DEDUCTIBLE
$12.00
INCLUDES DISAPPEARING DEDUCTIBLE

COLLISION $0 DEDUCTIBLE $42.00
INCLUDES DISAPPEARING DEDUCTIBLE

PEDESTRIAN FPB $5,000 PER PERSON $2.00

ACCESSORY COVERAGE $3,000
INCL