Kubota X1100C with PTO K-Connect

Etwman

I don't think so because you need your right had to shift. You can unpin the controller and hold it in your left or right hand pretty easily if you want too.

VA1100

ETWMAN, I have a 2014 x1100c with a Kubota v blade. My control is mounted on the shift lever, it works well there for me as I can use my thumb for working the controls and thumb and fore finger to let it down in the float position, while still changing gears. The only issue I had was the three position rocker switch on the side for the rotary brush would sometimes get accidentally moved from the center position, if the blade was installed it would move the right wing, but if there where no attachments installed it would energize a solenoid and dead head the pump over the pressure relief valve robbing a lot of power I ended up forming a thin piece of plastic over so it couldn't get bumped, I don’t have a rotary brush, so I don't use that switch. That is a great looking set up you have, interested to see how much you use the brush, I almost purchased one of those instead of the blade.
Pete

IMG_0040.jpg

Etwman

That's slick. That's how I have my 1100 with my boss v plow.

The broom is really good for those annoying 1" ice storms, mud on the driveway, bad wind storms where you want to sweep debris offf the driveway, etc.

We are supposed to get 6-10" tonight which will put the blower to the first big test.

Etwman

Blower Test

We received over a foot of snow today, and I ran that snowblower pretty hard. We had some sleet mixed in with it so the snow got heavy.

At the end of the day it worked really well. The down pressure is a huge plus for cleaning compacted surfaces. I mean its not a 90 hp, 84" machine, but for driveways, walkways, small lots, etc. its a win. It'll throw it 20-30 feet no problem.

My only complaint with it is at the end of the day I noticed some more lose bolts on it. I can't for the life of me figure out why someone would put all this engineering into this complex system and not put lock nuts or nylocs on bolts. Such a simple thing, but snow blowers vibrate like crazy so its one corner you don't cut.

After today, I'd buy one again. The visibility, tight turning, is great on this machine.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
We received over a foot of snow today, and I ran that snowblower pretty hard. We had some sleet mixed in with it so the snow got heavy.

At the end of the day it worked really well. The down pressure is a huge plus for cleaning compacted surfaces. I mean its not a 90 hp, 84" machine, but for driveways, walkways, small lots, etc. its a win. It'll throw it 20-30 feet no problem.

My only complaint with it is at the end of the day I noticed some more lose bolts on it. I can't for the life of me figure out why someone would put all this engineering into this complex system and not put lock nuts or nylocs on bolts. Such a simple thing, but snow blowers vibrate like crazy so its one corner you don't cut.

After today, I'd buy one again. The visibility, tight turning, is great on this machine.

Jealous on so many levels :letitsnow:

VA1100

Etwman, I recently picked up some literature on the K Connect while at my dealers. The literature stated that the complete assembly could be removed in about an hour at the end of the season, but it wasn't very clear on how it worked. It looks like the hydraulics are on the front of this system. What I couldn't tell is where does the pto come from on the machine. Was wondering if this could be adapted to an older machine.
Thanks,
Pete

Etwman

The PTO comes from on the machine. It's a mid PTO. It's exclusive on the X1100. I have an older 1100 and it can't be put on there. From what I understand its quite the install just to put this system on the new X1100's. The dealer had a few days in it. You can take the system off the front in about 30 min and put the bumper back on but I didn't. It's really not in the way.

It is a very slick setup.

Etwman

I’ve had this thing now for about 2 winters and it’s great. As a matter of fact you can even clean the pond off with it so the kids can ice skate. The rotary broom is really slick.

Attachments

• C3211C8B-AC76-4C24-9AE3-EE26EAA17192.jpg
    C3211C8B-AC76-4C24-9AE3-EE26EAA17192.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 135

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
Love it! I used to work at a skating club (back in the 1960's) and we had a rotary broom rigged up on the front of an old jeep.. Lots of fun and great ice. Good for you.

Etwman

Its been three years now and it still works great. There is one thing that I need to mention. When these setups are installed there is a drive shaft assembly underneath that has a gear box and seal. From what I have been told, the alignment on these has to be perfect when the installation is done. If not, the vibration over the years will cause the seal to leak. There is no seal replacement from Kubota. The whole underframe system has to be replaced.

Mine was the first one that the dealer put on. When I got it I remember clearly that there was a louder (than I would have liked) vibration underneath when an implement was lifted all the way up while the PTO was running. When I questioned it I was told it was normal. I’ve been around enough equipment in my life to know that ....one ....it didn’t seem normal, and two that it would eventually “show itself”.

Low and behold it did and the seal leaked. The dealer stood behind it after a lot of discussion. But where I’m going with this is if you decide to put this setup on yourself, be very cautious of this. That undercarriage gearbox assembly is “not repairable” and its expensive to replace.

Other than that the new one, now aligned right, is very quiet lifted up all the way with the PTO on. So there was definitely an alignment issue.

And one other thing if Kubota is reading this. If you want to take the RTV from a 8/10 to a 10+ in the UTV market put a rocker pedal in it for forward to reverse like the tractors have. When you are blowing snow, plowing, or grooming it would make a world of difference.

RKP in SB

Its been three years now and it still works great. There is one thing that I need to mention. When these setups are installed there is a drive shaft assembly underneath that has a gear box and seal. From what I have been told, the alignment on these has to be perfect when the installation is done. If not, the vibration over the years will cause the seal to leak. There is no seal replacement from Kubota. The whole underframe system has to be replaced.

Mine was the first one that the dealer put on. When I got it I remember clearly that there was a louder (than I would have liked) vibration underneath when an implement was lifted all the way up while the PTO was running. When I questioned it I was told it was normal. I’ve been around enough equipment in my life to know that ....one ....it didn’t seem normal, and two that it would eventually “show itself”.

Low and behold it did and the seal leaked. The dealer stood behind it after a lot of discussion. But where I’m going with this is if you decide to put this setup on yourself, be very cautious of this. That undercarriage gearbox assembly is “not repairable” and its expensive to replace.

Other than that the new one, now aligned right, is very quiet lifted up all the way with the PTO on. So there was definitely an alignment issue.

And one other thing if Kubota is reading this. If you want to take the RTV from a 8/10 to a 10+ in the UTV market put a rocker pedal in it for forward to reverse like the tractors have. When you are blowing snow, plowing, or grooming it would make a world of difference.
Man. you aren't kidding! Nothing like plowing my little private road and deciding to do the mailboxes out on the main road, looking up in the rearview mirror to see traffic rapidly approaching, and my 1100C won't shift into gear and get me out of there. Glad I ordered that rotating hazard beacon...

Etwman

Been there so many times. My 1100 shifts far better than the new x1100c. If they won’t do a rocker pedal for the love....give us a forward pedal and a reverse pedal. I don’t know why its so hard.

I bet if you let the engineers run this thing for 12 hours with a snow plow or blower on the front they’d figure out a way real quick to make it work.

Etwman, I agree with you about shifting in the x1100c. I think mine is a 2016, and shifting between low and reverse while plowing is a royal pain. No excuse for the poor engineering.

I have a Boss V-plow and have been very happy with it on the front of the x1100c, but I finally got overwhelmed with our last snow storm here in the Colorado Rockies. We had about 1 ft. of snow with intermediate moisture content. I was able to plow the 1 ft., and even drifts up to about 18", and completely cleared my place. However, there were sections of road outside my place there were probably 2+ ft. with hard crusty snow on the top, and that overwhelmed my rig. I would try to break through it, and you could see the hard crust snow wrinkling up 4 ft. or so in front of the plow. Using the V-plow with the pointed V facing forward worked a bit, but the snow eventually tossed the Kubota around and it just would not make progress. Since the property is a weekend place, I do not absolutely need to get in, but I am curious if the PTO-driven snowblower would work better in the 2 ft. or more hard packed snow. I think it would, but the cost is probably greater than I am willing to spend since I don't need access that badly, and I could pay a neighbor with a skid steer to fight his way through.

getrdone

Etwman, nice set up with the snowblower. I am considering the snowblower also. How is it working out for you? Would enjoy hearing your feed back on the snowblower. I too am considering the blade option also as I wonder how the snowblower would work with when snow changes to rain and it's somewhat slushy. Thanks.

Etwman

Blower works good. I probably use the blower and the broom the most. The broom for the 1” snow / sleet / slush. The blower for everything else. The blower does ok in wet snow, but not slush, no blower really does. I may put the plow on once or twice a winter when we get that 2-3” of slush, but honestly I think you could do without the plow.

That broom will clear a lot.