Old International Truck

thcri RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Ran across this today and snapped a few photos. This truck is in great shape and from what I can see the body had no rust on it. Would love to bring this back to life.

I am guessing early 60’s. What do you all think ? ��

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Looks like a R190 series. Early 50’s. We had one when I was a kid with a flat bed and side boards. Split back windows. I think the later 50’s have a one piece rear window.

thcri RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Looks like a R190 series. Early 50’s. We had one when I was a kid with a flat bed and side boards. Split back windows. I think the later 50’s have a one piece rear window.

Jim,

I didn’t think of it but I did take a closer picture of it. If I zoom in it is a R200 Diesel. Complete with air horn. The color picture gives a better idea on the shape of this thing yet

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Jim,

I didn’t think of it but I did take a closer picture of it. If I zoom in it is a R200 Diesel. Complete with air horn. The color picture gives a better idea on the shape of this thing yet

It’s in amazing condition!

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
That truck is a bit of a puzzle.

I see almost no exhaust smoke on the bin. So likely the bin was put on shortly before it was retired. Maybe this bin was to re-purpose the truck for a second life, for short-haul field harvest or something. The bin couldn't be nearly as old as the truck, the lumber is hardly weathered and there are no rust stains of the bin structure.

And the bin is lightweight construction in contrast to the 8 drive wheels below it. I wonder if it started out as a dump truck or similar.

Maybe its just parked, not retired, because it's only used a week or so per year for harvest?

What would that V-bottom bin be used for?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Where did the color pic go? It was here, now it's gone. :confused: