New tires for XUV835M

628pm

Site Supporter
Bought different tires for the Gator. I had the maxxis bighorns on the Gator. Since I don't go trail riding, I didn't need these type tires. They sound like tractor tires going down the road. The new tires are probably 50-75% quieter. I really like them. We are supposed to get 6 inches of snow this Sunday, so I will see how they do pushing snow.

Attachments

• front tire 1.jpg
    front tire 1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 40
  • front tire 2.jpg
    front tire 2.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 38
  • new rear tires on gator.jpg
    new rear tires on gator.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 36
  • rear tires 1.jpg
    rear tires 1.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 37

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I like them! What are they? If they come in the size I need for my ATV (and they're not super heavy), I may look into them.

I'm running Bighorns on my RTV now but my road travels are minimal so I don't care about noise.

628pm

Site Supporter
They are Tusk Terrabite Radial Tires.

Bought them from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Delivered by Fed Ex. Took 2 days from date of order to receive them.

These were shipped from Lexington Kentucky.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks. Please give a review after a bit of use. In particular, I'm wondering whether they cake up with mud and or snow. The tread on the Bighorn's is such that it's really hard for them to gather anything in between the treads.

628pm

Site Supporter
Used Gator to push snow with the new tires, they worked fine, no issues As far as I could tell tires did not "cake" up with snow. So far they are just what I wanted.

Very happy with the results of the change.

anchor

Anchor

628pm, I see you put new tires on your Gator,did you go with the same size
front and back or stay the same 27x11-14 on the rear and 27x9-14 on the fronts. plan on getting a 835R here in a week or so. It comes with the Bighorn
tires but I've had them before and they just don't hold up.Plan on putting on some D.O.T. tires,Guys around here that have them like them really well,flat tires and blow outs are a thing of the past they say. Local tire shop sells Bighorn tires that are DOT rated.Might go with them.

628pm

Site Supporter
Anchor, I put the same size tires on the vehicle as OEM. They have worked great, no issues at all.