Pictures Post Them Here!

v10rick

Site Supporter
Speaking of Emerald Ash borer this is what I got out of 160 acres but at least I did get some money plus tons of tops. Still, probably 200 trees standing dead. I'm guessing the 2- 21" diameter was the oak tree. Have a good holiday weekend. I hope the pics are bigger now so you can see the prices.

Fortunately I located a forester who cut and removed just the Ash Trees.
The mill credit was just enough to cover the logging charge.

Now I am dealing with the tops.

Attachments

• Log Loader.pdf
    181.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Skidder in action.MOV
    3.7 MB · Views: 15
  • Ash Logs.pdf
    182.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Chipper.jpg
    Chipper.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

cchaffee

I thought this belonged here. I picked up this 40cc quad in a barter. it was a flood victim. motor rusted solid, mud and silt through out. It was for my Grandsons (4, 2, and 3 weeks) who all love Grandpas Kubota.

Well did a total rebuild from the frame up, and when it came time for paint this paint scheme won out.
And Yes, it fits in the box with the tailgate closed.

Attachments

• 20180612_174950.jpg
    20180612_174950.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 124

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice little ATV. What brand is it?

If/when you need another or bigger one and may be interested, post something on the forum. I have a Suzuki 50cc, Suzuki 80cc, Suzuki 160cc and Suzuki 250cc that I'm going to sell. I may keep the 250 but the kids have outgrown the others.

Something I found really handy for the new/young drivers. See picture below. I picked up a pair of FRS radios (one for me and one for the driver) and an in-helmet headset something like this (but buy the model that's compatible with your radios).

https://www.amazon.com/GoodQbuy®-Mo...583&sr=8-10&keywords=helmet+frs+radio+headset

I could then just sit in the yard and talk to the person driving to keep them in control and to give driving tips. With the in-helmet headset, I think I had it on VOX so all they had to do was talk. There's also a handlebar button they can push when they wanted to call me.

The drivers radio is in that black pouch attached to the rear of chest protector so I just set everything before the ride and they don't have to worry about holding or adjusting the radio.

Attachments

• CIMG5118.jpg
    CIMG5118.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 119

cchaffee

very cool Zoom. the only thing i am waiting on is a tiny battery for the unit. it is not electric start but i bought a remote kill switch for the unit. I will be able to sit and watch, but kill the machine with a button.

It's a Eton, Chinese made, but i found lots of parts and information on it. My grandsons will try it this weekend for the first time. I fix bike/quads/side by sides for a hobby, this was definitely a labor of love.

My old RTV900 was a basket case i rebuilt, best old guy toy ever. Can't believe how much work i do with it.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I too thought about a remote kill switch but then nixed the idea and went with the radio. The ATV's had a handlebar kill switch attached to the chest protector. Distance was my main reason for going with the radio. Their driving "loop" was about 1/5 mile and about 1/2 of that was in the woods where I'd lose them visually. I could hear the machine and tell the speed but couldn't see it. By engine RPM's, I could tell if going to fast in the woods and would tell them to slow down. If I did the remote kill, it also meant I had to walk or ride to them to do the pull start.

Since you fix these things for a hobby, wondering if you could give me an idea on an issue. The Suzuki 250 runs really hot. Think that would be valves or the carb/fuel running too lean?

cchaffee

Both can contribute Bczoom. The valves are mechanically adjustable, set the intake to.001" to .003", set the exhaust .003" to .005".

To check for lean (or rich) run in any gear, pretty wide open for 20 seconds or more, close to the garage :)
while throttle is open shut her down and coast in. Then pull the plug and look at it. should be a nice tan-light brown. too white-shows a lean condition.

If it is just putt putt riding, then the heat is just the nature of the beast. being air cooled they like motion. nice machines though.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the info. Is the valve settings global or specific to this machine. It's a 99 Suzuki LTF250F (the utility ATV, not the go-fast 250R).

It's been sitting for several years. The guy that works on my cars (the things I don't do myself) will be doing it. I'm going to have him do the carb and valves.

cchaffee

Nope same for your 250. if it has sat for a while a good carb cleaning is in order. I would recommend because of it's age, that you put a Shindy kit in the carb( find on E the Bay). yours is pre-ethonal gas and the kit will help with better seals and float needle.

Cardinalcreek

l96p8MY.jpg

1xJNDD1.jpg

Got some new shoes for the RTVX1100. Didnt want to bury it again.

Cardinalcreek

Ha we were spraying prior to discing for pumpkins, no ruts no more.

They are 26-11-12, completely changed the machine. Kubota should have put something like this from the factory.

They are the Mud Lite XTR from ITP.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
These two hives got a eviction notice for being unruly so they got to go for a buggy ride. I have to say the cab is a must if your a beekeeper!

Attachments

• 46331263-2672-4D18-9942-A2EBBD38DC5D.jpg
    46331263-2672-4D18-9942-A2EBBD38DC5D.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 75