Tc31da

Jerry

I just bought a new TC31DA with a fel and 6ft rear blade. We are having a small snow storm and I'm going to push snow tomorrow on a gravel driveway. Anything unusual about this unit I should know about? I previously had a Cub Cadet 6284 28hp Cat and I was pleased with it. Jerry

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Jerry, welcome to NTT.

I also use my back blade for most snow removal. Once in awhile we get enough that I have to use the FEL too, but usually the back blade does the job.

I've found that if I turn the back blade backwards, it does great on the gravel. It doesn't dig in like a blade has the tendency to do.
Hope that helps.

Congrats on your new tractor. Have fun pushing the snow. I hope I get a chance to push some snow later today. It's snowing now but it's supposed to turn to ice, then rain. So we're in for a mess today. Not sure if I'll even get my beast out of the building.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum!

Like Doc I use my back blade reversed. I also use the fel in float and use the fel to back drag. Just experiment around a little and you will find the combination that works best for you.

Does the TC31 have a cup holder for your hot chocolate?

Jim

Jerry

Oh Crap! No cup holder. I can't believe I did all those comparisons between JD, Kubota and NH and I never thought about the cup holder. Guess I'll have to make one.:respect:

Mark777

Welcome Jerry

I never have snow here...and where I used to live it snowed every winter but I didn't have a tractor. Just couldn't win :).

We used to have a little Kubota that would shake violently and buck like a mule sometimes...wished I had a cup holder then, but not for coffee or cocoa.

Mark

shinnlinger

Jerry,

I have found gimbled nautical cup holders work well on machinery like tractors. I have found that more than 6 inches of wet heavy snow is a problem with reversing the blade, as the center pivot does not allow the snow to angle off. I welded wheels to my backblade (but I bet old plow pucks would work just fine) so I can run it the "correct" way and control exactly how much bite by shortening/lengthening the top link. I also grade with it in the summer.

You can see the silly crap I did to my tractor for snow removal under "wing blade" in the homemade implements section.

jwstewar

Staff member
First Jerry, welcome to NTT. Please read and post often.

I have the little brother to your machine. I have a TC-24D w/ loaded R4s. Good little machine that does everything I ask of - and that a lot of times should be asked of a much larger machine.:whistle:

Like the others, I just use an old blade turned in reverse and then use the FEL to move the piles out of the way. My old blade is so rough and rusted the snow doesn't "move" like it should, but it does OK. Maybe one of these days I'll get a newer - once I can keep it inside so that in a short time it doesn't look like this one. I would also like to add the wheels, but that might be more of a problem being welding challenged.