This is MY country!

N

Nicahawk

MY COUNTRY!

And, because I make this statementDOES NOT mean I'm against immigration!!!
YOU ARE WELCOME HERE IN MY COUNTRY.
Welcome to come through like everyone else has.
Get a sponsor!
Get a place to lay your head!
Get a job!
Live byOUR rules!
PayYOUR taxes!
And
LEARN THE LANGUAGE LIKE ALL OTHERIMMIGRANTS HAVE IN THE PAST!!!
AND PLEASE DON'T DEMAND THAT WE HAND OVER OURLIFETIME SAVINGS OF SOCIAL SECURITY

FUNDS TO YOUTO MAKE UP FOR ''YOUR'' LOSSES.
If you don't want to forward this for fear of offending someone,
ThenYOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM!
When will AMERICAN'S STOP giving away THEIR RIGHTS???
We've gone so far the other way ..

Bent over backwards not toOffend anyone. But it seems no one cares about the

AMERICANthat's being offended!

Attachments

• !cid_002101c89e85$c409ba70$0500000a@yourlk4rlmsu41 (430 x 341).jpg
    !cid_002101c89e85$c409ba70$0500000a@yourlk4rlmsu41 (430 x 341).jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 186

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nica,
I agree that we (the U.S.) has a problem with illegal immigrants ...and the vast majority of them are from south of our border.
However the whole situation reminds me of kids in an candy store where the owner sticks his head out every half hour and says don't steal my candy. But the owners kids are out on the street giving little bits of candy to the kids.enticing them inside.
Our cities welcome the illegals. They advertise that they'll give them health care, welfare, education. Heck they'll even teach the kids in their native languages. We have never gotten serious about border patrol and so thousands cross that border every year. They go where the 'free candy' is. And who can blame them?
I agree we have a huge problem, but our governments (city, state and federal) are all sending mixed messages. They will not come down on the illegals. We live in a country where the illegals staged a public protest and not one of them was arrested. :pat: So frustrating.

N

Nicahawk

Totally agree. Seems most people are just so tied up in 'their' lives they don't want to become involved, and as long as we, and that's all of us, make it comfortable for the illegals with all the free stuff and handouts, nothing is going to change. Like you say, very frustrating, and very sad. I really feel sorry for "all" our kids and grandchildren. Their going to have it rough.
icon9.gif

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Not one word about the AMERICAN EMPLOYERS who draw them here? You are looking at consequences when you should be looking for causes.

If you don't forward this rant you are part of the problem??? This is pure election year grandstanding when it misses the mark that far. You left out the part about who is going to save us from this menace. Or is it intended to just describe your hopelessness, and end there? You want everyone to feel as powerless as you?

Its not an attempt to describe the problem and start on a solution. The solution is to turn off the attractiveness of JOBS in the US, and you have to get the employers under control to do that. Show me a politician with that in his platform.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
CA, I agree we need to get the employers in line also, but the illegals can come here and not work and get by on government support. It's not just the employers.

N

Nicahawk

Not one word about the AMERICAN EMPLOYERS who draw them here? You are looking at consequences when you should be looking for causes.

If you don't forward this rant you are part of the problem??? This is pure election year grandstanding when it misses the mark that far. You left out the part about who is going to save us from this menace. Or is it intended to just describe your hopelessness, and end there? You want everyone to feel as powerless as you?

Its not an attempt to describe the problem and start on a solution. The solution is to turn off the attractiveness of JOBS in the US, and you have to get the employers under control to do that. Show me a politician with that in his platform.

Wow. Sorry I even posted. :hide: It was in an email and I thought it was interesting.

I'll go stick my head in the sand.....:hide:. I really don't know who is going to save us. Once again...sorry I ruffeled your feathers....I promise I won't do it again!

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
No, don't back off. The more sides we see, the more likely a solution will become apparent.

But I really wonder about the motive of whoever originally wrote that.

'If you don't want to forward this for fear of offending someone,ThenYOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM!' doesn't propose a solution.

There's a piece missing, unless the whole point is just to spread fear, uncertainty, doubt (FUD). That's what terrorists do. Why amplify their message.

We need solutions to discuss.

The solution is to turn off the attractiveness of JOBS in the US, and you have to get the employers under control to do that. Show me a politician with that in his platform.

They have already turned off the attractiveness of JOBS in the U.S., why do you think we are in a recession...:rolleyes:

For example, PUNE, India is becoming a hydraulic engineering hotbed...NOT THE U.S....:(

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Illegal immigrants design hydraulic systems????

The solution is to turn off the attractiveness of JOBS in the US, and you have to get the employers under control to do that.
We're talking about what sucks illegals across the border, and what will slow it down. Part of the pull is from American employers.

But I don't think any of them recruit illegal hydraulic designers.

Thanks for playing.

Erik

you're talking hydraulic systems that suck illegals across the border? wouldn't it be better to outsource the illegals to where the hydraulics are? :)

Illegal immigrants design hydraulic systems????

We're talking about what sucks illegals across the border, and what will slow it down. Part of the pull is from American employers.

But I don't think any of them recruit illegal hydraulic designers.

Thanks for playing.

Just because the Coyotes are the personnel department managers and the salaries are 6 digits...H1Bs are just fancy illegals...and those jobs are much more expensive to lose than gardeners and clothing assemblers...:rolleyes:
Because at some point these H1Bs go home and take their knowledge of US advanced technologies with them...:(

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sounds like those professional engineers visiting on legitimate H1B visas would fall under the following welcome:
YOU ARE WELCOME HERE IN MY COUNTRY.
Welcome to come through like everyone else has.
Get a sponsor!
Get a place to lay your head!
Get a job!
Live byOUR rules!
PayYOUR taxes!
And
LEARN THE LANGUAGE LIKE ALL OTHERIMMIGRANTS HAVE IN THE PAST!!!
(and if they are from India they already speak English adequately)

rather than
AND PLEASE DON'T DEMAND THAT WE HAND OVER OURLIFETIME SAVINGS OF SOCIAL SECURITY

FUNDS TO YOUTO MAKE UP FOR ''YOUR'' LOSSES.
But I think my point is valid: If you don't want the professional engineers here competing for jobs, the way to control that is to control the employers who sponsor them and guarantee them a job.

PBinWA

H1Bs are just fancy illegals...and those jobs are much more expensive to lose than gardeners and clothing assemblers...:rolleyes:

As a former H1-B, L1-B, and TN Visa holder and now a Permanent Resident I think you are being unfair to lump LEGAL immigrants in with illegals.

H1-B immigrants still have to prove that they are qualified and in most cases are supposed to be getting paid the market wage. I was actually paid well above market wages when I was on my H1-B.

If you don't like LEGAL immigrants then get the rules changes. The H1-B immigrants aren't usually the ones breaking any laws. If anything the employers that may be paying the H1-B immigrants below market wages are the ones breaking the laws.

If you compare the numbers between LEGAL immigrants (specifically H1-B) and ILLEGAL immigrants then there is no comparison. There are only something like 65,000-165,000 H1-B Visas available each year. A large portion of those don't stay past the 4-6 years period.

If anything the H1-B immigrant is the type of immigrant you want to encourage to stay. They are educated, motivated, pay taxes, employed, and usually come here because they like the US and want to live here.

Erik

If anything the H1-B immigrant is the type of immigrant you want to encourage to stay. They are educated, motivated, pay taxes, employed, and usually come here because they like the US and want to live here.
I'm with you on this one - I have 2 immigrants working in my office as janitors because their restaurant was seized by eminent domain to put in a bunch of trendy, overpriced, butt-ugly apartments 1 block away from the local college. They work for an American company on contract with ours - contract was a competitive bid process - and required KBI & FBI background checks. They've come to me to make sure it was OK to take the time off from work to go get their visa's renewed, one speaks fluent English, the other is going to night school to learn. I have no problem whatsoever with someone following the rules to work here in the states.