View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 06:09 AM
Chief Bottle Washer / Admin

Doc is on a distinguished road

post by CA on FF:

I just worked through several gotchas before an attachment would load.

Hopefully this list will encourage someone else try again if an attachment fails for no obvious reason.

Edit by Doc: With our forum upgrade max attachment and filesize option do not matter. The software will resize the image for you within limits (extra large pics need resized)

1) Maximum attachment size 800 x 800.

2) Max filesize 195k. (I think.)

3) The little icons at the top of the editing box won't attach anything. Scroll down to the next screen and in 'Additional Options', use 'Manage Attachments'.

That should open a popup box where you Browse your pc and find your intended attachment. Note that after uploading, an error box might appear at the top of this upload box showing the upload failed due to dimensions or filesize. That error box is easy to overlook.

3) Neither the 'preview post' button below the text edit box, or the second one down below the 'additional options' box shows you a preview of your post with attachment. (Is this unique to Firefox?) Just post for the world to see and hope it looks like what you intended. You can continue to edit it for a few minutes after posting.

I encourage extensive use of attachments. Often a picture makes a point better than text.
Attached Images
File Type: gif FFpostScreen.gif (49.7 KB, 279 views)

Other Fun Forums:
Forums Forums .com +++ Net Pet Talk Forums +++ Net Cooking Talk Forums +++

Last edited by Doc; 01-03-2011 at 10:18 AM.