Telescoping Stabilizer for TT45A

Your welcome, for grins I checked out the part on line. Don't know if you have ever visited this parts site... I was impressed at the price of them, maybe because it's not the dealer?

http://www.messicks.com/cart1.aspx

Vendor - New Holland
Part Number - 82823248
Description - CHAIN
Cost - $16.30 each

Click parts catalogs, New Holland should be on top. After clicking on that enter your model. You have to click on it a few times.

Here s a pic of the page, it's # 6. Suppose to include parts 7 thru 11...
Now this is what it list for part # 11 TBD 2 Needed for Job $0.00 Call

Attachments

• tt45a.jpg
    tt45a.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 53

fishrman

Seems very reasonable. Maybe worth a shot. My dealer sure isn't helping me any! Do you think that would fit right on in place of the telescopic one?

fishrman

Should, I entered TT45A and it's the same listing as mine. I can take some pics of my lower arms if you like.
You are sure allot more help than the guy I gave 16,000.00 to!
If you go to the same site and look at the "variations" you can pull up the same as I have. The telescopic one that doesn't work on a cat. 1. Why they made it that way, who knows!! :2gunsfiring_v1:
I am picking up my new blade this week. I got a Bushhog 7 foot. Hopefully it will fit on there OK. It is a cat 1 but that is just the pin size on it. I am thinking the width of it may be cat 2.

Noooooo!
This is what I am talking about!! :bonk:

nhpvaimg.aspx

In the meantime, though, I have figured out there are a total of 4 holes. 2 at each end and there is NOT enough adjustment to hook up to my Woods MD160 mower correctly. :14_6_12:

Hey man, I got a chance to look at a TT45A the grounds crew uses today. I checked out the stabilizers. They are square rods with two bolts, kinda like your diagram. I see what your dealing with.

fishrman

Finally, just 2 days ago, my dealer picked up my tractor and is going to take it back to the shop to see what he can get done with it. I think he will just end up having to put the type you have on yours. I was also complaining about the poor paint job on one of my fenders and he is going to have it repainted for me. The paint was just flaking off the inside of the fender! :14_6_12:

MailManToo

Our larger (7740) Ford has similar stabilizers with plenty of holes for adjustment. How about taking them off and having more holes drilled in them.

fishrman

Our larger (7740) Ford has similar stabilizers with plenty of holes for adjustment. How about taking them off and having more holes drilled in them.
Ya, I thought about that but the holes are already drilled out to the ends.
Anyway, he may have found a fix. He told me there was another hole in the lower control arms so they could move the bracket back about an inch or so. He thinks this will take care of the problem. I haven't even looked at it yet, so hope he is right. I will let you know. Guess he got the fender repainted for me and I also had him put on a worklight while they were at it. Should help for blading in the snow. I got a new 7 foot Bushhog blade the other day that should work well once we get this stabilizer thing straight.

fishrman

Ya, I thought about that but the holes are already drilled out to the ends.
Anyway, he may have found a fix. He told me there was another hole in the lower control arms so they could move the bracket back about an inch or so. He thinks this will take care of the problem. I haven't even looked at it yet, so hope he is right. I will let you know. Guess he got the fender repainted for me and I also had him put on a worklight while they were at it. Should help for blading in the snow. I got a new 7 foot Bushhog blade the other day that should work well once we get this stabilizer thing straight.
Haven't been on this site since I last wrote the above and wanted to let you know that the fix was that there was another hole in the lower control arm so they just moved the bracket about an inch which made it work fine. Why I never thought of that, I have no idea!! :bonk: