New Kubota M59 specs and pics

Chris2520

Chris,

Seems like the L39 is perfect for you from what you describe. Be careful about turning up the juice...voids warranties, breaks thinks, and makes you think you can do things you shouldn't. Just to be sure on your machine choice, drive a L48 and the L39 and see what you think. Probably the only true way to decided other than comparing spec.s on paper. If I was in the market for a L39 size machine, the JD110 (Yanmar) would not even be considered for numerous reasons. Not yellow vs orange or anything like that, I just think the L39 is a better quality machine. Sell your machine privatly to max your sale price as the dealer will always come in with a lower trade in value.:wave:

Curtisfarmer , I would like to hear your view on the JD 110.
what is it you dont like about it? For me the main thing.
is that flip seat on the hoe. i dont want to climb over a seat
on a $40000 tractor....:rolleyes: I think a real TBL the seat is suppose to swivel. like all full size TBLS. that is the one thing i have about an AG tractor. is haveing to climb off the tractor to get to the hoe.

Chris.....:wink:

Dougster

Old Member
So where do i start to sale my deere. i heard someone mention craig list. i dont know. what about tractor house and places like that. i need to find a starting point...:pat:
Chris....:tiphat:
I would post anywhere and everywhere. Nuthin' wrong with Tractor House... and definitely use Craigslist... but also your local newpaper, local classified publication (if any) and even eBay if you feel so inclined.

And don't forget a big "For Sale" sign on the tractor right in your front yard if that makes sense for your particular location! :thumb:

Dougster

larryRB

Curtisfarmer , I would like to hear your view on the JD 110.
what is it you dont like about it? Chris.....:wink:

I won't answer for CF but will answer what I know about them. For one, their underneath's are wide open, extremely easy to snag and break hydraulic lines. Deere does not offer a skid plate, however, for a snappy 650.00 or so, you can obtain a third party one.,. Second, the early models had transmission problems, third, the panels are almost all fiberglass or some kind of fiberglass composite and easy to crack or shatter. The only thing they offer and I never used it anyway, was a rearward creep feature. ALthough the Kubota's are offering the same now on 08 models, The L 39 has more lift capacity measured 500 mm ahead of bucket floor, or 18 inches ahead, a true measurement and not "at the pins" as most like to quote. I believe the 39 is much better designed, stronger, better built and no need to worry what is going to be ripped out of the bottom.,

Chris2520

I won't answer for CF but will answer what I know about them. For one, their underneath's are wide open, extremely easy to snag and break hydraulic lines. Deere does not offer a skid plate, however, for a snappy 650.00 or so, you can obtain a third party one.,. Second, the early models had transmission problems, third, the panels are almost all fiberglass or some kind of fiberglass composite and easy to crack or shatter. The only thing they offer and I never used it anyway, was a rearward creep feature. ALthough the Kubota's are offering the same now on 08 models, The L 39 has more lift capacity measured 500 mm ahead of bucket floor, or 18 inches ahead, a true measurement and not "at the pins" as most like to quote. I believe the 39 is much better designed, stronger, better built and no need to worry what is going to be ripped out of the bottom.,

that is the same thing i heard larry....:wink:
I guess i am on the right track..:)

Chris....:wave:

Curtisfarmer

LB sums up my feeling about the JD 110....having heard so many stories of them snapping in the middle as well:eek: . The underneath weakness is a huge problem for me, as is the manufacture by Yanmar but branded as a Deere:puke1: . The hoe looks inferior and especially the thumb pistons in comparison. The L39 was not out yet when I bought my 1st L48 and was comparing it to the JD110, and I felt it was 25-30% less machine. I think the L39 is better constructed by a better manufacturer with higher quality. Now that Yanmar is marketing their own machine (CBL40?), I wonder what will come of the JD110. When the JD 110 first came out I saw some people buying them, but few as of late. I live within 10 miles of both Deere and Kubota dealers with more of both dealers within 30 miles. I believe most of Deere's CUTs are Yanmars as well, why not make your own if you claim such a great name?:yum:

Dougster

Old Member
that is the same thing i heard larry....:wink:
I guess i am on the right track..:)
Chris....:wave:
I am much kinder and gentler to the JD 110 than my wealthy, highly-respected friend and mentor Larry. There is no question that the flip seat is a bit quirky and that the L48 is the clear winner over the JD 110 hands down. Few people are going to argue that. I certainly won't. On the other hand, I almost bought a "slightly used" JD 110 and would own it today were it not for an odd twist in circumstances in the few weeks immediately preceding my initial lay-off notification.

I should point out again that I cannot afford to buy new. God bless those of you who can. My interest is/was finding an acceptable bargain in the "slightly used" market. I should also point out that at the time, my choices in a used TLB were limited to the JD 110, L35 and L48. I forget the exact date that the L39 was introduced, but there were certainly none out there in the used market at the time that I was shopping for my first machine.

Comparing the JD 110 to the L35's and L48's in the used market in mid-2006, it quickly became clear that the L48 was superior but far more costly than the JD 110... and the L35... while cost competitive with the JD 110... was nowhere near the machine that the JD 110 was. It took little smarts or backhoe experience to see that used JD 110's represented the best compromise between performance and cost in a "slightly used" TLB.

Clearly, Kubota has closed the gap with the L39. It is still kinda light and the wheels & tires are too small for my taste, but in a brand new machine, it is now the logical choice over the far more costly JD 110. But if you are like me and need to look for good bargains in the "slightly used" arena, the JD 110 is still very hard to ignore.

Dougster

Attachments

• tlb_0079268_large.jpg
    tlb_0079268_large.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 21
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 21

larryRB

I have a few hours on the 110, and basically there is nothing about the machine that "sticks out" and wants me to like it,. However, on the flip side, I ran a brand new CBL40 this past summer for an hour and there is a lot to like about Yanmar's own. My only complaint about the CBL 40 is the tires are way too small for the machine. Eventually, this small diameter tire situation will cause someone harm,, Has a great layout, fantastic ergonomics, choice between SAE, ( caterpillar) or ISO, (deere style) controls, Easy to fuel, something that is awkward on my 48. Either on this thread or another on this site, someone down south keeps saying you don't need to dig 10 ft or more. I hate to tell you, I did that deep all the time, on jobs that require it, so please, do not think everyone is in the same boat as you..

Dougster

Old Member
Now that Yanmar is marketing their own machine (CBL40?), I wonder what will come of the JD110. When the JD 110 first came out I saw some people buying them, but few as of late.
Folks forget that the 110 was awarded-winning... considered almost ground-breaking... at introduction but is kinda dated now (relatively to the new style Kubotas) and due for a major upgrading to stay competitive. But it's not like we are talking about some inferior Chinese start-up company here. The Yanmar situation notwithstanding, I believe that Deere is fully capable of building a new Kubota-competitive machine.
I have a few hours on the 110, and basically there is nothing about the machine that "sticks out" and wants me to like it,. However, on the flip side, I ran a brand new CBL40 this past summer for an hour and there is a lot to like about Yanmar's own.
I'm still having trouble accepting the up to $9,000 price difference between the L39 and CBL40, but once again... things start to come back into more reasonable balance in the "slightly used" marketplace. In my limited shopping experience, used CBL40's are turning out to be fairly good buys.

Dougster

Curtisfarmer

Went to the dealer today to sign the paper work for the new 2nd L48, and I saw another on the lot getting prepped for delivery......seems like people are still trying to get L48s new before the M59s come out. I was suprised that my new L48 was not shipped with a truckload of M59s as the dealer said they are expecting them soon. I sat in some new machines...L5740 and 3240HSTC's, very nice...but upon thorough inspection, not even close to a L48. The BH90s seem so wimpy, I wonder how many people are disappointed at the performance, or just don't realize how a few bucks more (i.e. L48 and BH1100) would produce superior performance. New machine is coming tommorrow, but unfortunately I won't be home to greet the new arrival. Bummer, always like the picture of new stuff coming home.

Dougster

Old Member
Went to the dealer today to sign the paper work for the new 2nd L48, and I saw another on the lot getting prepped for delivery......seems like people are still trying to get L48s new before the M59s come out. I was surprised that my new L48 was not shipped with a truckload of M59s as the dealer said they are expecting them soon.
From a previous post, I gather you are still up there in the glorious, tax-free "Live Free or Die" state (where I am due to go scoping out a piece of land later this week)... so I may have been talking with your Kubota dealer (Chappell Tractor and MB Tractor & Equipment among others) at the MasCon show last weekend. Consensus opinion was that the new M59's wouldn't be available before mid-summer 2008 and it was pretty clear that no one was holding their breath! ;)

Frankly, I am surprised that factory fresh L48's are still shipping. That kinda boggles my mind. Down my way (in SE MA), I was told that the last of the 2007 L48's were "long gone" last couple times I visited my local Kubota Yuppie Palace.

Dougster :starbucks:

Curtisfarmer

L48 delivered today!!! Wahoo, but as I told the wife, it is like getting a new tool like a socket set, not too exciting, but defintly neat to see a brand new, absoletly spotless machine sitting there. I am going to give it a test run tonight, it has less than .25 hours on it!! I'll post pictures, maybe tommorrow if I have the time.

Regarding M59s, I heard earlier, but who knows. Looks like the market is going to be small, but without a reasonably priced L48 available, I would HAVE to buy the M59 required as the primary machine (and needing the largest TLB with 3pt. hitch) for my landscape construction business. I think I made the right chice getting another L48 before upgrade, saved about 25K$ (without hoe) which I really need for family car.

Dougster

Old Member
L48 delivered today!!! Wahoo, but as I told the wife, it is like getting a new tool like a socket set, not too exciting, but defintly neat to see a brand new, absoletly spotless machine sitting there. I am going to give it a test run tonight, it has less than .25 hours on it!! I'll post pictures, maybe tommorrow if I have the time.
This could be the one and only time your brand new tractor meets all requirements of the Bill6 Standard of Excellence in tractor care and maintenance! :) Very important to take and post pictures of this rare event! :D
Regarding M59s, I heard earlier, but who knows. Looks like the market is going to be small, but without a reasonably priced L48 available, I would HAVE to buy the M59 required as the primary machine (and needing the largest TLB with 3pt. hitch) for my landscape construction business. I think I made the right chice getting another L48 before upgrade, saved about 25K$ (without hoe) which I really need for family car.
A new car too??? :confused: Business must be REAL good! :thumb:

But seriously now... wouldn't you rather have that brand new M59 than a new car??? ;)

Dougster

Curtisfarmer

From Carver Equipment

M59 Pricing Guide
MSRP plus freight to dealer, assembly, test
M 59 Tractor Loader ................ $ 36,900.
with standard equipment and R4 tires, less loader bucket and without three point hitch linkage

M 59 Tractor Loader Backhoe... $ 49,700.
with standard equipment and R4 tires less backhoe bucket

Tractor Options, installed
Turf tires instead of R4 tires ..... $350.
Three point hitch linkage kit ..... $700.
Front worklights .... $165.
Rear workligts ..... $165.
Precleaner for eng. air intake $210.
Tilt meter .... $35.
Snow Chains set for rear tires ..... $490.
Engine Coolant (Block) Heater .... $135.
Rear remote valves .... no information at this time
Tool Box kit .... $90.
Drawbar kit .... $220.

Loader Options, installed
84" Heavy Duty Kubota Round Back Loader Bucket (holes drilled for cutting hd edge) ... $850.
84" Cutting Edge for Kubota loader bucket, bolt on .... $240.
WR Long 84" 4n1 Loader Bucket instead of std. bucket with WR Long third function valve controller..$2,375.
WR Long 84" Grapple Bucket instead of std. bucket with WR Long third function valve controller.. $2,590.
WR Long 84" Grapple - Root Rake instead of std. bucket with WR Long third function valve controller..$1,995.
Three chain hook installed on loader bucket .... $100.
Two chain hooks installed on loader bucket .... $75.
Q/A Forklift Attachment with 42 inch pallet forks ..... $1,100.

Q/A Forklift Attachment with 48 inch pallet forks ..... $1,150.

Backhoe Options, installed
Rubber stabilizer flip pads ..$ 180.
12 inch pin-on bh bucket ... $ 690.
16 inch pin-on bh bucket ... $ 770.
18 inch pin-on bh bucket ... $ 810.
24 inch pin-on bh bucket ... $ 980.
30 inch pin-on bh bucket ... $1,100.
36 inch pin-on bh bucket ... $1,160..
Quick attach backhoe bucket coupler ... $690.
12 inch quick attach bh bucket ... $ 790.
18 inch quick attach bh bucket ... $ 820.
24 inch quick attach bh bucket ... $1,050.
Auxilary Hydraulic Kit for backhoe thumb.. $1,755.
Hydraulic Thumb with quick attach coupler and aux. hydraulic kit. $4,300.

Curtisfarmer

Booooooooooo.....way too much, and talk about shopping for a machine without things such as a front bucket, backhoe bucket, lights, 3pt. hitch, ect. included.....what are they thinking, other than keeping the high price down. Just bought another new L48 for $27.5K, and that includes everything except hoe. Looks like the M59 will be about $12K+ more than L48 with standard equipment. What is Kubota thinking????? I can get a much BIGGER machine for what they want for a M59. Hopefuuly they do not alienate dedicated Kubota owners, specifically us TLB owners. Nice machine, poor pricing approach.

RAH

You guys are all green no I should say wet behind the ears. Kubota did this for their dealers. Remember your tractor is only as good as your dealer.

RAH

I have a fully loaded M59 including a grapple bucket and rear remotes and you will cry if I tell you the price I paid for it.:eek:

RAH

Building rock retaining walls, foundation excavation, landscaping, logging my land the list is endless.

I was amased by the pricing conversation going on here over the 39/48 while rationalizng why somebody does not need an M59. The M59 is head and shoulders above the 39 or 48 and is well worth the money. If you guys can afford it say so but don't downgrade the 59. Plus if you guys are paying MSRP for any tractor I have a bridge in NY to sell you.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I don't think they were downgrading the M59. Seemed to be more concerned with the base price and weight.