New 1120 has finally arrived!

harpoonalt

After more than a month with a loaner, my 1120 finally arrived. It’s way overkill for my needs, but I retire next year and it makes an excellent early retirement present.
This replaces the 500 I had. That machine did everything I needed and constantly amazed me. After running the loaner the last month, I can tell you that this machine is light years ahead of the 500. It runs hills in high range from a standing stop the 500 would’ve required low. I can hit bumps now and not get flung around. The hydraulic dump saves so much time and effort. Better ground clearance and much better controls.
I ordered the commercial straight Kubota plow. The one they sent had the paint peeling off of it, so now I wait for a new one. From a test run it’s going to be great. All angle, fast, and the down pressure will lift the front of the machine off the ground.
Very happy! More as I get aquatinted.

Attachments

• 61356530-EBBD-46BC-9B11-22AA7C74B17C.jpg
    61356530-EBBD-46BC-9B11-22AA7C74B17C.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 211

ovrszd

Congrats on the new machine!!!!!!

Good report on the differences of the two machines as well. :)

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Really nice looking unit!!!

And it appears Kubota has changed from using dark gray paint on the ROPS and bumper to black paint. Looks really sharp.

Also looks like the front bumper is out a little further from the hood which gives you a little more protection.

It should give you many years service!!!

Congrats

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Congrats on the new RTV and especially on your upcoming retirement. Come back to the Forum often and share your experiences. Also, we can help you spend more money on bling for your new toy, oops tool.

harpoonalt

Thanks for all the welcomes!
The plow is supposed to be here this week. I'll post pictures.
Very pleased with my new "tool" so far. I ordered it with the spray in bed liner, Kubota Commercial plow, LED lights and the Kubota metal roof. I was concerned on the roof sticking up too high and not fitting in my garage, but the Kubota roof adds very little height and fits fine. Other than that, I put on mirrors and seat covers so the dog doesn't tear up the seat.
I had a 500 previously that I managed to crash while negotiating a corner and hitting loose rocks. It was like skating on ice. After that, it occurred to me that 25 mph is plenty fast enough if I want to live long enough to enjoy retirement.
The new 1120 isn't much faster, but it holds speed better on hills and can climb grades without having to resort to low. The 4wd lever and the diff lock are much easier to use than the 500 and the extra storage is nice to keep frequently used small tools and gloves.We have a lot of landscaping that gets trimmed every fall and leaves to deal with so the dump bed and it's larger size are really nice. I need to make some sides for the bed to handle more leaves and keep them out of the engine.Lots of ideas here.
Besides the power, the 1120 suspension is like a caddy compared to the 500. I can hit potholes and rough pasture without slowing down and be totally in control.
looking forward to using the plow. The one on my 500 never failed to impress. this one will be so much nicer as it's way faster and with down pressure and the hydraulic tilt will require much less finagling.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Congratulations on the new "tool". You did a great job equipping it.

We moved up from a Honda Foreman (which we kept) but it was rough on our old bodies and a full day of work. And it does ride like a caddy compared with the Foreman.

About the only negative we had on our 1120 was the tires. We bought it with ATV tires which were pretty light duty compared to the capabilities of the RTVX. We are fixing this now.

Enjoy your RTVX and your retirement. We are not far behind you!!!

harpoonalt

So the commercial Kubota plow has arrived. After removing the grill guard (5 minutes), the mount attaches in another 3, and the plow in another 2. After that you can drop just the blade in a minute. Super fast with float, all angle, and down pressure that will lift the front of the machine.
I added plow markers as in the down position it’s harder to see. $13.99 from TSC. Seat covers from Greene mountain keep the seats clean.
Extra buttons on control are for Vee if you had one and finished off with 240 lbs. of tube sand for ballast.

Let it snow!

Attachments

• 494A2020-21EB-4470-8D92-12B75ADD0875.jpg
    494A2020-21EB-4470-8D92-12B75ADD0875.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 6204771D-205B-4F7C-A337-B8CA462D208B.jpg
    6204771D-205B-4F7C-A337-B8CA462D208B.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 4B937932-22C0-4B08-ACA8-39652970D531.jpg
    4B937932-22C0-4B08-ACA8-39652970D531.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 77
  • 739FF3A1-9C0F-4D46-BF0C-895C9CE26516.jpg
    739FF3A1-9C0F-4D46-BF0C-895C9CE26516.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 77

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Nice plow setup. You said it was the commercial unit and I can believe that by the much larger skids and heavier supports across the back than my standard Kubota/Curtis unit.

Might I ask how much? As I get older the full hydraulic models are making more sense.

Bob

harpoonalt

Nice plow setup. You said it was the commercial unit and I can believe that by the much larger skids and heavier supports across the back than my standard Kubota/Curtis unit.

Might I ask how much? As I get older the full hydraulic models are making more sense.

Bob

The plow was around 5 grand. That was including installation. They add a pump from a BX just for the plow. It mounts off to the side in back of the machine. I could have saved some money going aftermarket, but this is very well done and i’m Very pleased. I’ll be 60 next year and figured there’s no time like now to just get what I want.
I had the electric lift, manual angle Curtis on my 500. It worked great. My only complaint is that it was slow and I had to get out to change the angle.
I plow my driveway and about 500 ft. Of paths for the dog around the yard as she’s got little legs. I also live on a 1/2 mile private road. We have a plow guy, but he doesn’t come for the smaller storms and I tend to like the banks pushed back more. The 500 did that no problem and I’m sure the new one will be even better. I’m really looking forward to being able to backdrag in front of the garage doors, angle from the seat and not have to maneuver as much to get things done.
As we get snow, I’ll update on how things work out.

Cheers!

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks, I plow up to 2000 running feet of driveway between mine and the neighbors out here depending on how many are gone when it snows. The Kubota/Curtis plow on my 900 has served well since I upgraded to larger skids but at 74, I'd like the warmth of the cab and would like to have the hydraulic's angle the blade.