First Big Snow for the 835M today

628pm

Site Supporter
Well supposed to receive 6 -10 inches of snow in Southern Illinois today. Will be putting the blade on to see how it works. It will be nice to have a nice cab with an OEM heater in it. Let the play begin (I mean work):letitsnow:

Attachments

• blade1.jpg
    blade1.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 39
  • blade2.jpg
    blade2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 37

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I want to see pictures but it looks like the snow is coming in right after dark and going to dump on you all night. Are you going to plow tomorrow morning or just don't want to wait so you can go play? :)

628pm

Site Supporter
Will be out there early tomorrow morning, have to clean off a spot for the dog. Then the work (play) will begin.

Sprayed the blade with fluid film today, filled up the Gator and checked the pins on the connections to be ready.

First real time using the Gator for snow, so I will have to see if anything falls off!!!!!!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I bet it will be fun. Especially to have a heated cab. We are expecting 2 to 4 inches ...so maybe we'll get an inch or so. If it's much more I'll have to clear it the old fashioned way. On the tractor, no cab. Manning the elements. No biggie, I can handle it .... but a heated cab sure would be NICE!!!! Have fun!!!!

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
have to clean off a spot for the dog.
You're not getting that much snow. How small is your dog? Mine just blasts her way through it. Sometimes, she completely disappears under it when it's really deep but pops up now and then.

Attachments

• CIMG7662.jpg
    CIMG7662.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 32

628pm

Site Supporter
Mine is a french bull dog, it is an inside dog that likes to ride on the Gator. :doggy: We didn't get the snow like you have in the picture. St Louis had 8-15" depending on where you lived. We had probably 5-7 inches of snow.

Cleaned my drive, 100 year old neighbor's drive, country road, and another neighbor's drive. Gator worked real good, no issues. It was kind of nice not having to mess with pumping the brakes on the Gator like I had to do on the X900 Kubota.

Attachments

• IMG_1655[1].jpg
    IMG_1655[1].jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Resized952019011295100158.jpg
    Resized952019011295100158.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Resized952019011295100151.jpg
    Resized952019011295100151.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 28

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awesome. A good test for teh Gator. :thumb:

We only got a couple inches. I gave the tractor a little workout this morning. It needed ran for awhile just to charge up the battery.

I'm curious, why would you have to pump the brakes on your Kubota RTV when plowing? Brakes on my 900 were so rarely used, even on my hills that I surprised to hear you had to pump them.

628pm

Site Supporter
Had to pump the brakes to move from drive to reverse. Pressure build up in the hydraulic system. There was an adjustment on the rear of the machine that the dealer adjusted but sometimes it still acted up. Gator no issue at all. I know they are 2 different drive systems between the Gator and kubota, but right now the gator is very nice