No drive RTV 900

dieseldog

Hi all,
as above no drive at all. I had adjusted the coast valve (2 turns counter clockwise)and lost all drive. It did move slowly but sounded very notchy. I went back to base setting and it was the same!! After going back through the coast valve and re-adjusting 1 turn at a time (Clockwise)i got drive back. Took it for a test run and it made the notchy sound again and i lost all drive completely. After removing the suction filter i found pieces of black plastic. Obviously something has broken, but does anyone know what parts are plastic in the HST.
Thanks.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i may be wrong but on your model there is a plastic hose from the oil cooler on the filter housing to the HST supply. this hose has been known to collapse internally and restrict flow. i would check that first. and now on to the boring part, when was the fluid changed last and what kind of fluid was used? same for the filters? Hours and years please?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
What Aurthuritis said. I hope it's just a bad hose breaking down. Is the plastic curved or flat ... could be , contaminated oil was put in before you got it.I've never had to look inside a transmission but from the side where the "axle " attaches when I reworked the ujoints. collie

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
shouldn't be any plastic in the transmission other than just maybe a bearing cage. take a good resolution close up from several angles and post the pics here???

dieseldog

Thanks for the feedback, The pieces are all similar thickness, almost look like teeth!
oil 100hrs ago and filters 50hrs I found the plastic when i removed the filters yesterday to check condition or if there was a problem with them. Genuine kubota filters and Kubota UDT oil.
Thanks

Attachments

• pl1.jpg
    pl1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 63
  • pl2.jpg
    pl2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 62
  • pl3.jpg
    pl3.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 62
  • pl4.jpg
    pl4.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 62

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
bearing cage. from the looks of it a ball bearing. probably from the shaft that carries the valve blocks"pumps"

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
It looks like it has some curve to it. Anyone out there ever seen one of the bearing cages from the transmission?
Is the black piece on top of the transmission where the filler/vent cap is still completely intact? Was the jug of hydraulic oil and filter covers still sealed?

edit.. oh shoot.Aurthuritis.. just now see your post. I hate to hear that is what it is...

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
if i am right IF IF IF i am right their is a ball bearing on the input shaft that runs from the bell housing through the gearcase and into the hydrostat. there is a ball bearing "i think" between the two compartments on that input shaft. if the balls fall into the gear case they could definitely lock thinks up intermittently. i would not start it again until this is confirmed.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i did a little looking at the bearings. looks like the thrust bearing behind the rotating valve block has approximately that size of ball and cage bearing. that would be my bet at this time. if this is the culprit it should be a pretty straight forward repair. parts could be expensive depends on what is tore up.

dieseldog

Thanks for all your help guys, I think you nailed it. I will have to leave this repair for now, we are busy on the farm for a few weeks or so. I will refer back no doubt for part numbers when i have a bucket of broken parts!! Thanks again for all your help.:tiphat: