3PH tiller recomendations

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Which Land Pride model are you looking at? I'd recommend the slip clutch over the shear pin, especially if you're in new ground.

I did not write down the model number. They had a 48", 58" and a 72" that was chain driven. Sales guy tried to tell me my little 30hp / 25 PTO_HP tractor would run the 72" ..and since it is chain drive it would not be to much more than the 58" gear drive. And since it's just 540 PTO speed it's easier for my tractor to turn. So HP would not be a big factor.

I don't want the 72" ...don't need that big of a tiller and don't want to have to store one that size.

I might do a few folks gardens but mainly it will be used for our private gardens. So this will not see heavy use.

Thanks guys!!!!!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I now own a Landpride RTR1258 58" tiller.
Dealer warned me that my 'Pat's Quick Attach' 3PH add on might vibrate to much when tilling new ground, so I might have to remove them from my 3PH arms. Wrong. I tilled new ground yesterday and this thing worked smooth as butter. Added some horse manure and tilled it into the mix also. So easy. I'm very impressed.

I know we are late getting our little garden in but better late than never. We planted some corn, tomatoes, various peppers, cucumbers, watermelon and cantaloupe.

Do not have a fence around it so I also bought some deer and rabbit repellent that I sprayed around the perimeter of the garden. It might stop a few but I doubt it stops all the looters. :yum:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats on the new tiller!

Since it's already planted, you may consider this tip for next year. Unless you're canning, pickling or freezing, stagger your plantings. Like plant a little cantaloupe once per week. That'll make it so it all doesn't come in at once and you're then overloaded to what you actually eat.

I don't have a fence around mine either. I just plant extra for the deer and rabbits to eat. The dog also chases away any animal she can see.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We are staggering planting of corn, but all the rest we planted all we had. Since we are late we wanted to get em in the ground. Next year we will stagger more of the veggies. Good idea.