RTV Daily uses, What did you do today with your RTV?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hey border, are those the PTI Whitewater Revolutions you got from Ronnie over at NoTerrainOffLine? I got those same ones, they are great!!!!

Welcome to the forum Lesterearl. :tiphat: Yea, they are great for here on the farm. . I ran over a big stob a few weeks ago and ruined one of the rear tires though. It would not patch so now I just bought another 26" set for $498 delivered from another place. I have 2770 hours on the RTV as of now. I hope to get another 1800 plus hrs out of this set.- Plus I have the other 3 for back up mounted on rims . One thing good about having an extra set of rims... collie

Lesterearl

I am currently running 25 x 8 tires, came with the RTV 900. I would like to have a larger more aggressive tire but not sure about power loss? Any ideal on the lift kit. Have been looking at a 2 inch lift.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I don't have a lift kit on my 900. I run 9" 26 in front and 11 " 26 in the rear. I got up to 29mph on flat ground but going uphill It does slow down. collie

Attachments

• 0611160835a.jpg
    0611160835a.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 309

FTG-05

I am currently running 25 x 8 tires, came with the RTV 900. I would like to have a larger more aggressive tire but not sure about power loss? Any ideal on the lift kit. Have been looking at a 2 inch lift.

Welcome to the forum!

I went from 25x10-12 tires to 26x11-12 and have experienced no loss of power or speed. It's still slow as heck but it just keeps on going and going....

No lift kit and no tire rubbing. I sorta wish I had gone with 27's but oh well.

Pics:

New ITP Blackwater Evolutions (8 ply) vs. the well worn and heavily checked Carlysle 489s (2 ply?):
IMG_20160407_101718810_HDR%20Large_zpsfgfb2nss.jpg

IMG_20160409_182441125%20Large_zpsg2nvvrfe.jpg

Call Robin at AllTerrainOnLine.com, you won't regret it!

Good luck!

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Eureka...! I found the secret to getting more speed out of my RTV! I actually had it going over 55 mph. Of course the bed was empty and on the regular worksite tires. What a ride!

Did I mention it was also chained down on my flatbed trailer and being towed by my F-250 down the highway! The need for speed!

In all honesty, I think it would be a white knuckle ride if my RTV were going much over 30 mph. It just wasn't designed to be a speedster.

TRIBUTE100

I haven't commented in awhile so I thought I'd post something:
I have a 2010 RTV 900 with 147 hours on it. Am I doing something wrong ?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have pretty low hours on mine as well.

For me, it's because the RTV is only used for larger chores like hauling firewood out of the woods. For day-to-day chores, I use an ATV (with trailer if/as needed).

Same thing with my vehicles. I spread the miles out across a few vehicles. I've had my new truck for 6 months now... It only has 1000 miles on it and half of those were due to a road trip out-of-state.

TRIBUTE100

We don't have a farm, just have some mountain land, my wife uses it mostly for her gardening, hauling brush away, move some firewood,etc.
We've been on one trail ride, hard to find trails close that allow 60' wide unit.
I've got the same situation on vehicles, 4 of them so we spread out the use. I've got a 2001 Chevy 2500HD truck with only 73k on it. Bought a new car in July 2016, first new car in 31 years, and just took it in for the 3,000 mile service.

Kanook

I don't have a lift kit on my 900. I run 9" 26 in front and 11 " 26 in the rear. I got up to 29mph on flat ground but going uphill It does slow down. collie

Not possible......You wouldn't be able to breathe if you were going that fast. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
hahaa ! next time I will get a picture Zoom. hahaaaa ( I was really amazed) !! I think it is because she is finally broke in at 3,100 hrs - the 2011 xt is my favorite get around :) collie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Not possible......You wouldn't be able to breathe if you were going that fast. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Zoooooom ! 28mph Kanook, I almost got it there ... Yea, I know..my bota is really really dusty. The feed wagon blows all over it no matter where I park at the barn. I really did wash it about a month ago. :) Next week , she gets a transmission fluid/filter change and the knuckle cases too and then if I am really aching to get greasy.... I grease the u joints. :) :) ) collie

Attachments

• 0309171549.jpg
    0309171549.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 208

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
All of those thick new fluids are gonna slow you down 5 MPH. Hold on to your hat GIRL that thing is only gonna go faster with all that good care......GOD bless YOU...lol...obvious at that speed and all of those hours, HE DOES

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
All of those thick new fluids are gonna slow you down 5 MPH. Hold on to your hat GIRL that thing is only gonna go faster with all that good care......GOD bless YOU...lol...obvious at that speed and all of those hours, HE DOES

Dennis, If I don't hold on to my hat, the rear screen will... ;) collie

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Finished the Duck tractor the other day... before you think I got a little carried away I built it out of scrap wood and metal. I had to purchase 4 sheets of T1-11 and two 2x12s for the sides but other that that I had everything laying around. First time we have raised ducks, so far way more labor intensive than chickens FYI!

Attachments

• IMG_0901.JPG
    IMG_0901.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0902.jpg
    IMG_0902.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 182
  • image1(2).JPG
    image1(2).JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 181

Kanook

Saw a mallard this morning paddling around the creek. It was pretty swollen from the snow melt...the creek, not the duck. Dropped the snow blade from the RTV and picked up a load of fire wood that a neighbour was giving away

Attachments

• rtv.jpg
    rtv.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 181

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have not even seen my RTV for over a week. It's waiting patiently at home for me I hope. I've been on a little vacation and will finally get home tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to HOME and some RTV action. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the spring weather.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My RTV doesn't get much use this time of year. :( Ground is too soft for its weight so I use the ATV and a trailer when needed to do chores. The heavy work (i.e. firewood processing can wait).

Kanook

Shortly after transporting this load of Ash from down the road from a neighbor who doesn't burn wood for winter heat, on the next load that consisted of smaller cut up branches, one was poking out the front of the bed through the 'headache rack and when I dumped it, it took out the rear plexi window. Gonna have to replace that before winter. Emerald Ash Borer has devastated the Ash trees n this area. First the Elm, now the Ash...hope another imported bug doesn't come along that likes Oak or Sugar Maple.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Tried to start the RTV to go to my river dock. Cick cick click. Hmmm my battery is down. Had to make other transportation arrangements ....ATV. and put battery on charge. It started right up tonight. But it appears it is the original battery in my 06 RTV 900. So ...wondering where you guys buy your replacement batteries It appears I need one, sooner rather than later.