Kioti Mechron

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So many companies jumping into side by side market. I was just at my Kubota dealer and he sells RTV's plus Cub Cadet, one other offshoot I'd never heard of plus Honda Pioneers and ATV's. Way to much for his showroom so he has limited stock. I wanted to see a Honda Pioneer 1000-5 LE or Dlx and he didn't have either one. The base model he did have was 3 thousand over the price I've seen online. Guess he does not want to sell Hondas.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Daedong is the real manufacturer (Korea). They're company name in the States is Kioti. They also make the Bobcat UTV's.

Lee1935

I bought a Kioti tractor (22 hp) back in 1998, just this year I've had to replace the injectors. Kioti products are nothing to sneer at ☺

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have a fair amount of time on Kioti tractors (CK and DK series). Never had any real qualms about the tractor itself but found their backhoes on these tractors really lacking. The backhoes just weren't up to the task and would bend, break welds, blow hoses and such all the time.

ovrszd

I very much respect Kioti. Just totally caught me offguard that they were marketing UTVs.

As for Daedong, first of their products I saw was a bus in Seoul Korea in 1987. For some reason that name stuck in my mind. Now it's not unusual to see Daedong trucks and buses all over the World, especially in the Middle East.

Lee1935

I have a fair amount of time on Kioti tractors (CK and DK series). Never had any real qualms about the tractor itself but found their backhoes on these tractors really lacking. The backhoes just weren't up to the task and would bend, break welds, blow hoses and such all the time.

I've had the same problem with CAT products, a two year hydraulic course let me quickly trace the problem to a relief valve, in one incident a installed thumb that was using the excavator relief valve. solution to this was a separate relief valve☺

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Some time ago while my Wife was shopping at the Hocking Hills Antique mall, I was browsing the campers and Mahindra tractors sold on an adjacent lot. I found several Mahindra UTV that looked pretty sharp. I asked the owner who actually made them and he said it was a company out of Arkansas or Alabama called Intimidator.

https://intimidatorutv.com/

They make a sharp buggy but it is belt drive with no dump control.

Mahindra supposedly make a good tractor but I am glad we went with the RTV.