RTVxt 900 fabric seat cover recommendations?

doggman

It’s good to see the RTV forum is alive and well - it’s been awhile since I’ve posted here. Lots of new models and changes since my 2005 model!

I’m looking for recommendations for a fabric seat cover for my RTVxt 900 with the contoured seat. I think it’s a 2013.

The seats are not torn up but I’m tired of dealing with the terry cloth towel cover that migrated over from my old 2005 RTV900. Any suggestions?

(Also, I’m starting to have issues getting the machine out of reverse when it’s backed up on a hill - but that’s another post...)

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I don't have any recommendations for covers doggman but am sure happy to hear from you ! :)
I gave up on covers and did a quick and cheap recover with vinyl on mine. Those new seats are crazy expensive tho ! I have the contoured xt seat too and would prefer a flat one because of the water catching of the contour. . :tiphat: collie

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I found a seat cover on ebay for my 06 RTV900. It fit nicely and covered the rip that was on the driver side of the seat.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
My seat on my X900 is cracking and split after only 2.5 years. I have 6000 miles on it, but I am disappointed that it hasn't lasted longer. I am easy on it and these are not tears, just cracks from being sat on. I am not heavy, but I use my machine every day. I hate to go the duct tape route, but vinyl repair adhesive did not work. Any suggestions?????

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Bif , I noticed my seat with 3600 hrs on it started cracking a tad last year but it was mostly at the driver's seat edge where I slid on and off. (I weigh about 112 so wasn't the weight) Then this winter , when it got extremely cold here with some nights below 10 degrees- it cracked like crazy -everywhere. I bought some marine grade vinyl and covered it myself. Not so pretty but very functional for a working machine and cost less than $20.00 including a can of adhesive. ...made some mistakes but you can read about it on a post I made if you want to and avoid those . http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17676 collie

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
il_570xN.1307972048_6l1y.jpg

doggman

I found some RTV covers on Amazon made out of Endura fabric which is like GoreTex - which is tough stuff. I’ll report back after I try it out.

doggman

The “Durafit Seat Covers Kubota RTV 900 Orange Camo Seat Covers” that’s I got from Amazon were a mixed bag. The seat cover fit like a very snug glove. It’s cut and sewn precisely and the Endra is a tough fabric - but kind of slick. My Sheltie couldn’t set his claws in it and he slipped around. The cover for the backrest didn’t fit at all. It was patterned for the old style backrest - like 2004 - 2009. The 900XT has a different backrest than the old and new models. They don’t make a cover for it yet. We’ll see how it works out over time.