TC18 Rear Remote Install

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I was asked to post some pictures of installing rear remotes on a TC18, a Class I NH.

Here are all the parts as taken out of the box.
Seat was removed to make life simpler.

Attachments

• NewValve.jpg
    NewValve.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 41

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
This is the new valve with the control lever attached. 2 roll pins are used to keep it on. NH suggests installing it before you install the valve. I think they were right on this one. It would have been very ackward to install the lever afterwards. I remeber reading here about removing the tire, but that was on a larger tractor. That wouldnt have helped at all on a TC18.

Attachments

• NewValve.jpg
    NewValve.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 34

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Old valve has been removed and gasket scraped off. Probably should have gotten rid of the grass while I was at it, but now I had an open hydraulic system and didnt want to get grass inside.

BLOW the grass of first or hose it away......

Attachments

• Ready4Valve.jpg
    Ready4Valve.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 42

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Old valve with original o-rings re-used, new valve, spacer and gasket ready to put back on. You get new o-rings for the new valve and spacer.

Attachments

• ValveReady.jpg
    ValveReady.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 40

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Valves now installed with longer bolts. This is actually a lot harder than it looks. Just not much room to work with in there.

Attachments

• ValvesOn.jpg
    ValvesOn.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 41

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Oil lines ready to install after female half of couplers installed.

Attachments

• OilLines.jpg
    OilLines.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 36

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Oil lines installed. Man what a hassle. You dont have enough room to get the eyebolts in from the back, from the front, from on top. I finally inlisted help from my wife and a 24" extension to get them in from below. Thats after I jacked the rear of the tractor up to be able to get the extension in there. Of course this is also after one of the o-rings fell out when I dropped an eyebolt. Looked for that thing for about 30 mins. There are certain places on a TC18 you just cant get your hands in.

Attachments

• RemotesOn.jpg
    RemotesOn.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 39

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Because of the new valve and spacer shifting the old valve out farther, they give you new control rods and arms in the kit. See why the seat needs removed?

Attachments

• LeversOn.jpg
    LeversOn.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 36

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Black tipped handle is the new control lever for the rear remotes. Self-centering valve.

Attachments

• Lever.jpg
    Lever.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 34

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Everthing installed along with the hydraulic top link.
I may need to shorten the hoses some.

Attachments

• Done.jpg
    Done.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 43
  • DoneCloseUp.jpg
    DoneCloseUp.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 35

Mith

Looks like a nice neat kit from NH thats for sure.

How do you add an extra remote?

Could you plumb off the loader circuit?

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Jim,
This install was a dealer kit, but only the single. NH does not offer more for the Class I tractors.
I know people that did it of the loader, so yes it can be done

jwstewar

Staff member
Great Post Jerry. Thanks for posting it. I'm wanting to add one for the Top Link. Looks like I need to be putting that on my wish list since there isn't too much more I can get for the tractor.:D Monica says I'm always wanting something. She is always wanting something done, so I'm always wanting something.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Great Post Jerry. Thanks for posting it. I'm wanting to add one for the Top Link. Looks like I need to be putting that on my wish list since there isn't too much more I can get for the tractor.:D Monica says I'm always wanting something. She is always wanting something done, so I'm always wanting something.

You give that pretty little lady ANYthing she wants :biggrin:

Jim, the kit is a lot more expensive than it was when I did it. You can't order it at the parts counter either. Sales has to order it through "Whole Goods" from NH.

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Great post.......exactly the kind of material we need to get things rolling around here.

Rep points to Jerry!!

jwstewar

Staff member
Jim, the kit is a lot more expensive than it was when I did it. You can't order it at the parts counter either. Sales has to order it through "Whole Goods" from NH.

The more expensive part doesn't surprise me. Seems as though recently New Holland has had their own form of inflation. I was really shocked by the price of the filters when I purchased them a few weeks ago. The price of the fuel filter had more than doubled.:eek: Looks like I may be waiting a little while longer for my top link.:unhappy:

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Jim,
I think this is the kit number for your TC24 718348076 . Try contacting Neil at Messicks and get a price.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Speaking of Neil, has anyone invited him to join here?
I thought we posted a link to his site on here. It would be a good addition to have Neil's expertise here on Net Tractor Talk. :thumb:

Av8r3400

I've been wanting to do the same thing on my L3400 Kubota. Big "K" wants nearly $1000 for two rear remote kit (uninstalled) and no rams.

Needless to say, I'm still cranking the turnbuckles. :hide2: