RTV x1100c Tranny Trouble

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
just out of curiosity,is there a screen in the intake from the tank??? any collapsed hoses or air leaks?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Those screens cause a lot of grief for people owning all different colors of equipment . I'd sure check it. Good luck, collie

dtreid

I pulled the tank screen out. It had some gunk on it, but was certainly not very restricted. There was however, some metal pieces in the bottom of the tank...

Pulled the tranny apart again.

Can't see anything amiss. Pulled all of the valves out of the valve body to check them. Nothing unusual.

I removed the cover to servo piston assembly. There were a couple of little metal chunks in there.

When I move the speed control lever on the servo regulator assembly, should the servo piston move?

With things taken apart, if I push on the pump swash plate, I can't move it as the servo piston doesn't move. Is this normal?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
the servo piston uses hydraulic pressure to move the swash plate. have you disassembled the servo piston assy completely? there was once that had extreme wear on the pin that connects the piston to the swash. but i don't think this would account for low pressure.

dtreid

If the servo was stuck so it couldn't move the pump swash plate much could this cause the low pressure issue?

dtreid

Got it fixed! The motor was toast so definately needed a new one, but the low pressure problem after it was replaced was a stuck anti-cavitation valve. I had to clean it up a bit so that it would move freely. I think that it was not able to fully close so that it could only build 200psi pressure. After studying the schematic I could see that it would dump the pressure back into the case if it wasn't fully seated.
I now have a working tranny!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That's so helpful to know . :) Other owners will benefit from this thread. Thanks ! bordercollie

Big David

I am having the same problem.My valve body was in bad shape .Replace it.Put it back together and it still didn’t work.How did you determine that main drive valve body was bad.

dtreid

If there are any scratches or other damage on the pistons or cylinder that they fit in to, it will require a new valve body.
If there is any scratches or damage to the plates that the valve bodies rest on they must be replaced as well. Tolerances are very tight, so any damage will cause pressure leaks.

Big David

Put it all back together.Reinstalled unit i cleaned all of the check valves .i have 120 psi at the charge pump but no other psi at any of the ports.when I moved the lever on the servo the charge psi never changed .When I increased the rpm the charge psi changed to 115 so I think the charge relief valve is working .I followed your post but I can’t find anything wrong with the motor cylinder block but I can’t find any specs.on Clearances for the pistons my small block was a lot more damaged than your picture showed.How much was the motor block a plate .

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
if the brass colored plates have any scratches or warp throw them away and buy new. it the pistons or motor block show any ANY wear or scratches get a new one.