Rtv 1100c sounds like it’s shifting

zenchal26

So when you start to move the 2016 1100c is louder and vibrates more until you get up to speed and let off the throttle a little bit. Then it smooths out and gets qouiter. Kinda like when the clutches shift on a sled or wheeler. Fluids are full. Is this normal any ideas why it does this?

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Mine is loud as hell and vibrating noisily at idle. As soon as i throttle it up It smooths out. I wonder if the motor mounts are frozen, something along those lines, it seems like I remember it happening last year when it was cold as crap. I don’t have a heated shop to thaw it out.

foxalaska

Mine is loud as hell and vibrating noisily at idle. As soon as i throttle it up It smooths out. I wonder if the motor mounts are frozen, something along those lines, it seems like I remember it happening last year when it was cold as crap. I don’t have a heated shop to thaw it out.

Mine rattles like hell at 10 below or colder. The crappy side panels on the box rattle terribly.

zenchal26

Stored in heated garage so cold is not the issue. It is loud and vibrates until I’m up to speed and let off throttle then if I’m back on throttle it’s still quiet. If I don’t let off the throttle after I start moving it will stay loud and vibrate at all speeds and throttle settings until I let off the throttle then it smooths out

v10rick

Site Supporter
My BX2350 tractor has the same engine as the RTV.

As mentioned above for whatever reason the RTV engine is much louder at low rpms. Sounds like loose bolts inside the engine.

Maybe because the tractor engine is covered by a hood...can't say for sure.

The tractor does not have a spedo. but at about 5 mph and above both sound about the same.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
could be the servo in the speed control on the tranny is sticking. when was the last tran oil change? what brand of oil and filters were used?

zenchal26

All fluids changed about 100 hrs or so ago. All Kubota filters and udt 2. Definitely seems like something with transmission. Maybe a charge pressure issue??? Or maybe it’s just the k connect and pto for the snowblower.

zenchal26

The sound goes away even at low speeds. If you gently press go pedal get it rolling then mash on it for a second and let up it quiets down. Do that a few times and it stays quiet for 10 seconds or so even if you stop and go