RTV sprayer

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i am considering getting an Enduraplas boom sprayer for my X1100C. does anyone have any advice or experience??? looking at the 100 gallon unit with 30 foot metal boom.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
What will you be spraying ? On the tractor, I have a boomless sprayer that will do a 27-30 ft swath. I spray 2 4D , Grazon and Pastora. My current sprayer uses a pto roller pump with agitation to keep it mixed up. However before I had that, I did spray with a little gas powered pump mounted on a little trailer and pulled it behind the RTV . I looked at the sprayer you mentioned and it does look nice . You also wouldn't have as much drift with the downward nozzles as does the boomless like I have. ( I operate mine at 45 psi.) collie

Tsunamibob

Aurthuritus,
The boom that you questioned looks good. It's about half the weight of our 30' boom. The pump you'd be using isn't mentioned so just for reference, if you have red teejet nozzles (as shown in the picture) you need .40 gpm per nozzle at 40 psi or 7.2 gpm minimum. We use a Udor Kappa 43 on a Honda 160 and it delivers about 9 gpm. I think we're going to upgrade to a Udor Kappa 55 later this year to bring it up to 12 gpm.
We do a lot of spraying at 10 to 15 gpa so we can get up to 10-12 mph. We have installed an AgLeader 1200 with both auto swath and auto steer to take the work out of spraying large acreage but we also spray for a living.
If you have any questions, just let me know.
Bob

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Thanks All!!!
as for the pump,that was something i was waiting to hear. the Enduraplas has three different options for pumps. an electric 7 gpm i think and two different gasoline driven pumps. i also would include the boom less option as well ar the boom.

Tsunamibob

I know from experience that a 7 gpm pump will only work on a 20' boom with yellow nozzles or a 13' boom with red nozzles. We have this setup on our Kawasaki Mule. A gas powered pump is the only way to go. But like I said before, look at the output of the nozzles and make sure the pump has more than enough output to handle the amount of fluid that the nozzles are needing.
As for the boomless nozzles, they are great for when there is no wind at all. As soon as there is any wind, your calibration will be way off and you have the chance of drift. Drift is what give us in the industry headaches. We actually use air inducted nozzles to lower the chance of drift on our booms. They make the droplet larger to minimize drift.
If you have any questions, just message. I can find most nozzle charts so you can decide what nozzle would work best for you.
Bob

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
The boomless is nice if you have to go thru a lot of gates. I ran the carry hose up to the tractor seat ( and cable tied it to the fender 's hand grab) with a lever cut off spliced into the middle so I can just use the lever from my seat on the go ,to shut off the spray when I turn near a tree etc. My trailer also has a nice spray handle on long hose , which can be used from the seat. I greatly enjoyed this feature this past week . I was able to spray the ditches along the road with it and not get off the tractor. Very handy... very handy ! It will reach a long ways and distance depends on how hard you squeeze the lockable handle. ( has a dial up/down lock sort of like a big threaded washer. ) Be sure to get a screen filter installed before your nozzles . That will save you a ton ..no 2 tons of grief as well. collie

add link to thread http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16674&highlight=spray

Last edited:

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I have the enduraplas field boss Xtreme 100 gal. With boomless sprayer. Hard to keep rtv at constant speed but I spray average of 20 gal per acre

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
hand sprayer from big tank pic

This is a picture of the hand sprayer I use now from the big sprayer.. I had it for years wound up on the side of the 300 g tank and never used it. I should have though.

Attachments

• KIMG0362.jpg
    KIMG0362.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 38