year of Kubota BX2230

1kubota

year of kubota BX2230

TJ,
Serial # is 55498. I'm told it is a 2005?? See what you come up with.

Thanks
Larry

Attachments

• BX2230...jpg
    BX2230...jpg
    99 KB · Views: 116

LETHAL GTS

50011 ~ 51497 (sep03-oct03)
53969 ~58632 (feb04-dec04)
59584~60749 (jan05-may05).
--->replaced by #BX2350 & #BX2350V

1kubota

year of kubota BX2230

TJ,
Thanks for the heads up. Dam, all this time I thought I got a fairly good deal for a 05. Now I'm disappointed giving $8100.00 for a 04 with 477 hrs.
Well I don't know, I've seen them on Ebay and tractor sale sites for anywhere from $8500. to $11,000. with loader and deck.

Larry aka 1kubota
NW In.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ahh, don't fret. The year don't mean as much to me as the hours. Less than 500 hours for 8100 sounds like a good deal to me. Heck, it's barely broke in. Maybe the guy did buy it in 05, and it was represented to him that way.
Once you get some seat time and see all she'll do I don' think you'll give the year a 2nd thought.
Congrats on your new tractor. :tiphat: She looks good. You'll love the FEL (loader) for sure. :thumb:
And welcome to Net Tractor Talk, we're glad to have ya.

LETHAL GTS

Doc is exactly correct.

As long as the age of the tractor is within a year or two, the hours are reasonable and there is no major model changes, year isn't that important.
I've seen tractors much newer that have been totally abused and I wouldn't give 5K for them.

I sell 100+ new Kubota's a year, plus many used.

I think you did well.

1kubota

year of kubota BX2230

Doc,
I don't really feel bad about losing a year. Just wanted someone to toss me a crying towel. haha Compared to what I was using , this little BX is a giant.

Lethal GTS,
Wow. I feel much better now !!!!! added pic of my old toy. It gave up the Ghost. The ole gal paid for it self many times over. It got used and abused. Rear end finally went out, again, got tired working on it, so it went on Craigslist.
Larry
NW In.

Attachments

• Simplicity 3414 converted to hydro.jpg
    Simplicity 3414 converted to hydro.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 1974 Simplicity.jpg
    1974 Simplicity.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 103
  • 3414.jpg
    3414.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 103

LETHAL GTS

She's a beauty...
You will love your BX. Are you doing any turf work or are you mostly working in the dirt? You may want to consider different tires if you're mostly working in dirt and landscaping. Turf tires are not the best for that application. They tend to plug up fast if you get into any wet soil. Industrial tires will clean themselves and bite much better in the dirt. Not to mention that they are a much stronger tire and will handle the weight from the loader better. Just my 2cents.

1kubota

I found out the turf tires plug easily. Waiting for the $$$$$$$ tree to sprout somemore $$$$$$$ before I get different tires.

I 'll be gone for a few days, catch up later.

Larry

LETHAL GTS

Price them out, you'll be surprised how inexpensive they are through your Kubota dealer. At least they are here in Canada.

Front tire & rim - ABXR8717C 18x8.5-10 R4 OTR BIAS SR $69.00 CAD each
Rear Tire & rim - ABXR8718C 26x12.00-12 R4 OTR BIAS SR $144.00 CAD each

$426.00

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
1kubota, that's a nice looking machine and worth $5100 in my opinion. Ok, I know that you're not exactly crying about it but we all love to get a bargain, don't we???? :wink::wink:

1kubota

Bo Tu,
I ,ve made my little tractor do more than it should. I agree the little things will hold their own. I kind of wish I would have bought one a couple sizes bigger??? Like maybe the 2600 series ?? Don't know where EastTexFrank got the $5100. I said $8100. in my posting. $5100. sure would been nice.
Larry
Northern In.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Bo Tu,
I ,ve made my little tractor do more than it should. I agree the little things will hold their own. I kind of wish I would have bought one a couple sizes bigger??? Like maybe the 2600 series ?? Don't know where EastTexFrank got the $5100. I said $8100. in my posting. $5100. sure would been nice.
Larry
Northern In.

Wishful thinking!!!!!! :hide::hide::hide: