RTV x1140 - Air in Transmission Fluid

TLI KUB RENTS

I recently changed the transmission fluid/filters on my rtv x1140. When checking the level, the fluid on the dip stick appeared to have small air bubbles in it. The transmission is now making a hissing sound immediately after accelerator is pressed. The sound was occurring before the transmission fluid change.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.

I don't have an 1140 but isn't there another tank that needs filled after a fluid change (maybe under the seat). If you have bubbles and hissing, that sounds like air which could be a low fluid situation if you didn't fill it up everywhere.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi and welcome to the forum.
In addition to what BCzoom posted I'll add I hope you used the Kubota Super UDT fluid. These machines run so much better on that fluid than anything else.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
confirm that the tank under the seat is full. confirm that super udt was used as fluid and confirm that the oil filters are oem Kubota and in the right location. make sure you don't have the suction filter in the place of the pressure filter. don't trust the way it was prior to the oil change make sure the filters are correct and in the right place. after you have done this please check back and give us the results??? this will base line things so we can proceed.

10-e-c-dirt

I don't remember if I read this or was told,. But when you change both tanks & filters & clean the screen in supply line, jack it up and let it idle or run ar low speed both forward & reverse for several minutes.

TLI KUB RENTS

On the new model 1140 the suction and pressure filters are different dia. which makes it very difficult to get them mixed up

Lee1935

Kubota has been having problems with the cheap intake hoses on some models. Seem they get soft & collapse. A trip to Napa will get you neoprene hoses that should last forever,