Pto won't work

PAWPAW601

I just bought this LK2552 Kioti and found the PTO won't work. It will shift into both 545 & 1000 rpm but shaft doesn't turn. Can anyone help??:pat:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Check your fluid levels. Hopefully that's all it is. Good luck and welcome to Net Tractor talk.

PAWPAW601

This tractor had set up several years before I got it. I changed out all fluids & filters soon after getting it running. I went to put out rye grass w/hopper seeder and found out the PTO wouldn't turn. I have pulled the inspection plate off by the shifter but don't see anything to be wrong.

PAWPAW601

This tractor had set up several years before I got it. I changed out all fluids & filters soon after getting it running. I went to put out rye grass w/hopper seeder and found out the PTO wouldn't turn. I have pulled the inspection plate off by the shifter but don't see anything to be wrong.
I did learn today that this tractor has some type of clutch inside the gear box. I'll be tearing into it tomorrow and I hope to find my problem.

PAWPAW601

LK2552 PTO

Update: Took top of trans off, inspection plate on bottom, and pulled PTO shaft out of back, coupling was good that connected shafts. I could run my hand down though top of trans and feel the spring, it doesn't seem to be broke. I don't see anyway to get to it for a real examination of the clutch assy.
Any help out there???? :bash::read::waiting:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hate to say it but you are in uncharted territory with me. But thankfully I'm not the mechanic here. We have a few who stop by, hoping one or more of them will chime in on this. Sorry I can't be of help.

PAWPAW601

PTO WON'T WORK

Thanks Doc, I'm going to take a mirror and light and see what I can see this morning. Maybe it will give up something.:starbucks::thankyou2:

PAWPAW601

PTO WON'T WORK

No luck yet, I did do the mirror thing didn't see anything broke though. I have a question in @ Tractor Joe's Place but hadn't got any answers yet.:drink:

PAWPAW601

Update on Kioti LK2552

UPDATE: I been messing w/this tractor for almost a year, I'm glad it was one that I am going to sell. But anyways I did find the PTO shaft twisted and broke into, smooth break. I ordered shaft and bearing seal. The shaft was available quick, but the seal, finial after 8 weeks was told it was no longer available without any crossover for the seal.:bsflag2: Well I told the man to go ahead and ship the shaft and some clips. I went on line that night and what you know found NOS one on E-Bay. Both my parts got to the house the same day. In the process of putting it back together. Had to pull transmission. Maybe it will be ready tomorrow to start putting tractor back together. I still believe some one still makes this seal.