TYM 233 Problem

A_Acres

We recently purchased a TYM 233 and when ut arrived (with about 3 hours on it), none of the gages on the dash work. We couldn't gage RPM's, see how much fuel we had etc etc

Long story short, it was supposedly a bad dash and a mechanic was sent to fix it; rather than replace the dash, he said it was a fuse problem and replaced that. When we got home, NOTHING worked still! We tried to trouble shoot via phone and everytime we put in a new fuse, they would pop.

Now, the hour ticker is also not working. The tractor is back at the dealer to be fixed and we are PRAYING it comes back corrected for good.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of issue with a TYM?:unhappy:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've never owned a TYM but I suspect once they get it fixed right it will stay fixed. Sounds like the fuse was a bandaid attempt that did not work. I suspect they'll have to replace the whole dash.
Would it be unreasonable to request a different new 233 tractor? If they can't fix it fast that is the route I would consider.

A_Acres

We have certainly been discussing the fact that we should just be given a different tractor; we are concerned that it may just be that we got a "lemon".

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I understand your concern. One wrong thing would not make it a lemon, but why didn't the dealer check it out more thoroughly so he knew about it before he sold it. 3 hours got on there somehow.
As I've learned, the relationship with the tractor dealer is a very important one. We can help with advice but the dealer has to come through when needed. This will give you a good feel if the dealer is going to take care of you as he should. If you have troubles with this repair being done right I would not hesitate to demand another machine.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I understand your concern. One wrong thing would not make it a lemon, but why didn't the dealer check it out more thoroughly so he knew about it before he sold it. 3 hours got on there somehow.
As I've learned, the relationship with the tractor dealer is a very important one. We can help with advice but the dealer has to come through when needed. This will give you a good feel if the dealer is going to take care of you as he should. If you have troubles with this repair being done right I would not hesitate to demand another machine.

A_Acres

Yeah, there have been other "smaller" issues we've had, and we have a good relationship with the dealer thus far, but are still concerned so I am hoping what they are working on now will fix the problems!