Stock Tires not so Bad

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
have you tried to air down yet? just curious how the Roxor gets around in a practical application. might want one someday. Thanks for your trouble

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Right now, the pastures have dried up and I have no really super wet spots to try.
My bil really wants a set of tires for the hay trailer so I am going to go ahead and get some mud grips and let him buy my current set. This way I can get on and off the pavement during the wet months of Winter and Spring and still get a good price for my current ones. I am reducing the air down to 16 psi until I get thee new set rolling and even then, I'll be running lower pressure thanks to your thread. I think the ride will be softer too. I only spend about $40 difference each tire including mounting.
The Roxor is nice and gets there faster but it is harder to get in and out of and the manual transmission is more aggravating with so many gates... collie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I did it... I bought a set of mud grips for $449 delivered. That's including tax then add a total of $69 for mounting and balancing the four.
They have made a HUGE difference in where I can go. It's incredible - just like the difference the Blackwater Evolutions made to my RTV back when I had the worksite tires on it. They were great tires but not for my use.
While I had the set off, I sprayed the underside with fluid film and then mounted the tires. It's just a little taller but no rubbing at all. collie

edit: I used the flat bottom shovel to gently raise the tires to the lugs. It's a great helper when trying to mount tires by yourself. :)

Attachments

• KIMG0182.jpg
    KIMG0182.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 19
  • KIMG0183.jpg
    KIMG0183.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 19
  • KIMG0179.jpg
    KIMG0179.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 19

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Aurthuritis, I hope that doesn't happen but if it does, I promise I will. I'll still be cautious though. There was a storm here Sunday night with some rain and wind so I went thru a deep wash out that was holding water this morning and went right thru though. That was test #1. ;) The new tires are 245 /75/R16 . collie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I fell in a huge hole with the front right tire. I put the Roxor in 4 L and she climbed right out. I love the new gripper tires (MudStar) I measured the hole at around 3 ft + or- . I was sitting on the leaf spring on that one corner so thought I'd better fill the hole partly with some pieces of wood before I continued forward - didn't want the rear tire to get hung or do damage to the underside being caught , so threw in some chunks of wood to continue forward . I didn't fill the hole completely but just enough not to drag when the rear wheel went down. I said a prayer and continued out just fine. collie

Attachments

• KIMG0221.jpg
    KIMG0221.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 8