NEW LS TRACTORS

ki0ho

Gold Site Supporter
Please enlighten an old fart.......What is an LS tractor, made by who ect Jerry

shvl73

LS is the former LG, who made (make?) many Montana tractors and some for other manufacturers. They've been in the US for awhile, just as a tractor marketed under other brands. I had tried one in 2003 branded as a Farmtrac, it was nice but my Mahindra was at a closer dealer.

LETHAL GTS

Tractors have been sold under GoldStar, Fiat-GoldStar, LG, LG-Fiat, LG-New Holland, LS and LS-New Holland names in South Korea. In North America, they have been sold as LG Montana, Montana, Farmtrac LandTrac, LongAgri LandTrac, McCormick Tractors and Landini.
Whew....now I can take a breath...
Montana, to my knowledge, has just been phased out and replaced by LS. We have a local dealer who sells these. Their salesman use to work here and their main tech is a guy we let go because of his shotty work.
Their tech started showing up here around January looking for parts for the Montana's stating that they could no longer gets parts from Montana and were told by the manufacture to source the parts locally from wherever they could find them and then they would be reimbursed.
Take it for what it is worth, this is my first hand experience. I was standing at the parts counter involved in the conversation.

billbob

LS Tractor

I bought a LS 7010 about 1 month ago. LS stands for Lasting Solutions. South Korean company, large conglomerate started out as LG Cable in 1962 got into the agricultural business in the late 60s early 70s, owns KLM, Fiat, Landini, McCormmick. 72HP, 63HP on the PTO, 4 x 4, heated cab, AC. Engine is Iveco (Fiat), 20 gears forward, 20 gears reverse, shuttle shift, heavy loader with 6 1/2 foot bucket (convinced the dealer to give me a 7 foot bucket) Mechanic told me that the engine is the same one they put in the 90HP tractors, they just turn the pump down. Told me that if I want more HP he'll just turn the pump up. Tractor works great! 3 feet of snow here and the tractor chews through it. Only faults I can find so far is that there is no heater vents on the rear window so it frosts up quick. (not a good thing when you're blowing snow!) The creeper gear shift is right where you want to put your left heel and the emergency brake lever is right where you want to put your right heel. If they moved both back 6" then the floor would be clear. Back wheel base is 6 1/2', front wheel base is 7'. I'll have to set the front wheels in this summer when I go to plough ground. All in all it's a good tractor and the dealer is very easy to deal with.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk. Glad you found us here. Nice to see a review of the LS 7010. Sounds like you're happy with it. Hope to hear more about it as you get more time to use it.

LETHAL GTS

I bought a LS 7010 about 1 month ago. LS stands for Lasting Solutions. South Korean company, large conglomerate started out as LG Cable in 1962 got into the agricultural business in the late 60s early 70s, owns KLM, Fiat, Landini, McCormmick. 72HP, 63HP on the PTO, 4 x 4, heated cab, AC. Engine is Iveco (Fiat), 20 gears forward, 20 gears reverse, shuttle shift, heavy loader with 6 1/2 foot bucket (convinced the dealer to give me a 7 foot bucket) Mechanic told me that the engine is the same one they put in the 90HP tractors, they just turn the pump down. Told me that if I want more HP he'll just turn the pump up. Tractor works great! 3 feet of snow here and the tractor chews through it. Only faults I can find so far is that there is no heater vents on the rear window so it frosts up quick. (not a good thing when you're blowing snow!) The creeper gear shift is right where you want to put your left heel and the emergency brake lever is right where you want to put your right heel. If they moved both back 6" then the floor would be clear. Back wheel base is 6 1/2', front wheel base is 7'. I'll have to set the front wheels in this summer when I go to plough ground. All in all it's a good tractor and the dealer is very easy to deal with.

Welcome and good luck.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter

I think that just about covers it. :)

Welcome. Stick around. I think you'll be useful here. :wave::wave:

billbob

Got 100 hours on my 1s 7010. Just finished mowing 8 acres of pasture. Tractor is working great but the 3 point hitch lever is stiff as heck.
Any ideas on how to loosen it up?

Bluejay

Yes I have a new R4047 so far very nice runs smooth and sold built. I trying to find a filter list so far no one has a listing for my tractor or don't even know what a LS tractor is.

John

milkgoats

I have a new LS J2030

I have a one month old LS 3033 FEL BH only 10 hrs so far.I think it was the best tractor for the money.

I recently purchased a J2030H with FEL. I used it to bush-hog my 2A of pasture. The PTO shaft got too hot to disconnect without gloves. In the past I have used my '46-2N and the shaft was never hot.

Any ideas??? Thanks.

BTW -- LS is "Leading Solutions"

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Did you check the fluids? My guess: Something must be low and causing heat to build up.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I've heard the Hydrostat produces a little more heat than a gear tractor. So check the fluids as Doc suggested and make sure the u-joint on the PTO shaft is well greased.

milkgoats

thanks - the u-joints may need a little grease, but then they are no different than when I used the 2N. I did check the transmission fluid. So clean (the tractor only has 5 hours) that it was hard to see, but a piece of tissue found it. It was filled to the line. thanks again. My dealer says that the J2030H isn't enough tractor for a 5' BH.