ROPS light bar

PBinWA

Here's how I did it. I just used some pre-dilled angle iron and square u-bolts. Quick and easy. It's been on there for 5 years with no problems.

Attachments

• DSCF0145.jpg
    DSCF0145.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 381
  • DSCF0146.jpg
    DSCF0146.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 364

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sure looks like a good way to do it PB. :thumb: And you didn't even have to drill any holes in your ROPS!!!!!!!!! :thumb: :D
Would you do anything differently if doing this project again? IOW do they provide enough light in both directions? Guessing the two square lights point forward and the round light points to the rear. Is that correct?

PBinWA

Sure looks like a good way to do it PB. :thumb: And you didn't even have to drill any holes in your ROPS!!!!!!!!! :thumb: :D
Would you do anything differently if doing this project again? IOW do they provide enough light in both directions? Guessing the two square lights point forward and the round light points to the rear. Is that correct?

You know the lights work great. I'm really impressed with how they worked out. I never use my main headlights as they don't work that great. The light bar gives awseome coverage when plowing/blowing snow at night. Even the single rear works well when blowing snow backwards in a blizzard.

I have gone through 3 switches though. I mounted the three position switch in a less than shielded location and every year or two it gets water in it and fries. I now have a hinged rubber door stop over the light switch to shield it from most of the rain (my tractor lives outside) and I slather some vaseline over it every so often too. It's been such a mild winter this year (so far) that I haven't had to use it at all and it hasn't really seen that much abuse since I added the cover.

shine

Got a couple of HIDs one for the front and one for the rear, ended up useing a stainless steel pipe clamp to mount to the ROPS. With the HIDs I figured one light in each direction would be enough.These realy put out a lot of light.

Attachments

• IMGP0792 (2).jpg
    IMGP0792 (2).jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 270
  • IMGP0795 (2).jpg
    IMGP0795 (2).jpg
    74 KB · Views: 263

thcri RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
I bought some a few years ago and attached them to heavy magnets. This way I can move them around and point to the area most needed. I am also able to take them off with ease. But dropping them on the floor in my workshop did one in this year. Back to the drawing board I guess.:wave:

jmainel1

Any electrical issues with mounting more lighting? I recently got a battery powered strobe from LumaStrobe?

Archdean

Any electrical issues with mounting more lighting? I recently got a battery powered strobe from LumaStrobe?

Yes there is a big one see discussion my post #31 here:http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13081&highlight=tractor+lights#post13081

My recommendation is to wire all auxiliary lighting directly to a relay that draws it's power from your Battery hence bypassing your alternator !!

Let your alternator charge your battery as needed and save yourself a very costly replacement expense,,

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
I used PB's method .............

Attachments

• IMG_0340.jpg
    IMG_0340.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0342.jpg
    IMG_0342.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0346.jpg