Win a prize, First 3 to reply to this thread from the new server

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Will be shutting down the forums in an hour or so. Be one of the first 3 to reply after we are on the new server and I have a prize for you.

I want to know how long it takes for the ip addresses / dns info to propagate and this will help. Open to all members/ mods included.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Nobody wants Doc’s prize?

No error when I tried to edit

Last edited:

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
First!!! Well TBH actually Second. Still in the money! What did we win?!

(Your Mods should decline prizes, the prizes should go to your loyal posters instead.)

Doc the thread index came up immediately but a click on this thread gave an error notice. Then clicking a moment later opened this thread. And similar just now when I went back to edit this post.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I am just now getting to new server. I do not see the error notice you described. Will try to duplicate it ....

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm here. Not encountering any issues.
And no, I don't want a prize so don't count me as one of the first 3.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well, all that replied were mods so ...... I guess I'll keep the pens and license plate frames. LOL
So glad the migration worked.
Now for the big kahuna. FF is 10 times bigger in data size. Going to take a lot longer to transfer the files and get it set up but at least NTT and NCT were both successful so that is a good sign.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well, all that replied were mods ......
Looks like all your regulars go straight to the Kubota section and never see these general posts!

FWIW I'm still getting
Not Found

The requested URL /forums/search.php was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.17 (Fedora) Server at nettractortalk.com Port 80
randomly as I click a link.

My entry point to NTT is 'Today's posts' and today I had to click my desktop icon for that, a third time, before I got the list of posts.

Here's the coding my icon invokes:
PHP:
http://nettractortalk.com/forums/search.php?do=getdaily
Similar results earlier clicking the little 'unread' symbol to the left of a thread, multiple clicks needed to get past 'Not Found'.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
OH no. With dns I do not understand how that can happen.
Please flush your dns in case it is a local computer thing ...if not I'm at a loss on what I can do to fix this.

I will do a few searches and see if that turns up anything.