It Fits!

Bear River

Hi all, new member here. I have been using this forum quite a bit for reference before we bought the 2012 RTVxt. I told my husband that it wouldn't fit and not to do it......but he did it anyway. We have an '02 Dodge 2500 4x4 longbed. It was fine, no problems at all. We loaded it off a ramp, strapped it down and then drove 200 miles on winding roads. It rode fine,the rear tires were barely on the tailgate. The truck steered fine and wasn't too top heavy. When we got home we backed up to a dirt bank and unloaded it and drove away. So far we like it, as we pretty much knew exactly what we were getting, thanks to this forum.
We plan on adding a hi-rise intake, bedliner, lights and I am sure a other storage stuff and seat covers. We are also looking at doors and a heater before next winter, as it gets pretty cold and rainy here on the coast. We feel pretty confident that any questions we have about installs or products can be answered here. Thanks for all the great info.

Attachments

• kubota 1.jpg
    kubota 1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 135
  • kubota 2.jpg
    kubota 2.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 134

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new RTV!!!

The proof is in the pictures... How was it going over the wheel wells? I'd be concerned that one would slip sideways off the hump (towards the middle) and drive the other wheel hard against the side of the truck. It would be a ugly stuck situation with it jammed in there.

DIXIEDOG

A little snug for my liking but he made it....I'd have been a bit puckered up going over the wheel wells myself :eek:

Heatwave

Well ... it's gotta be tight to be good. I would have suggested that you cover the RTV windshield with a folded blanket, or layered cardboard, or such, to prevent road grit flying up and popping the glass, and I would have tutored you on the dangers of not strapping the windshield securely so that wind turbulence doesn't snap it loose. But ... considering that the machine is now enjoying its new home, I won't suggestion either of those.

Welcome to the world of Kubota RTVs and to this forum. Glad to have you.