kioti vs MacCormick

ihuntbear

okay guys what are the pros and cons of these two tractors.I can buy a 55 hp shuttle shift kioti for $38500 plus tax with heat, air cab ,fel.30miles away.or I can buy a 50 hp Maccormick shuttle shift $36,000 plus tax with heat air cond cab ,fel . two miles away.I know you guys say horse power is the way to go but 5 hp isn't allot.anybody have any things to say about these two brands.I'm having a hard time deciding

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Kioti is a better known item to me. I don't have one but quite a few of my friends on here do and all are happy with their tractor.
I know nothing of MacCormick. But that's just my experience.

DK35vince

All I can tell you is that I have a Kioti DK 35 and I have been very pleased with it.
I have no experiance with the DK 55 or McCormick. So I can't help you much.

Erik

that's a very good price on the McCormick if it's new.
they used to be made in England with Perkins diesel engines.
since 2006 or 2007 they are made in the Landini plant in Italy.
Kioti is a Korean built tractor.

either should be a good machine, the HP difference shouldn't make much difference.
important questions are which one feels more comfortable to ride/use, which dealer has a better rep for customer service, which has better financing rates, and warranty.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
loss of hp on the pto is allot more with the kioto
I used to take their numbers at face value but there are so many ways to exaggerate the actually horse power overall or at the rear PTO that I would not put a lot of credence in the numbers.

If it were me I would consider the two dealerships. Which do you feel better dealing with? Which do you think has a better service department? Ask to walk through their service department one weekday when they are working and see what goes on. Dealer makes a lot of difference for these types of purchases.

Plus, comfort of the seat and placement of the controls. We are all different sizes and what one likes the other might be uncomfortable on. Drive both of these tractors and spend a little time playing with the dodads. You are considering a major purchase and time in the seat of each and at each dealership will help ensure you choose the tractor that fits you best.

Goat

Pick the best one that fits YOU. IMHO, I'd stay clear of the Kioti. There is a dealer about 25 miles from me. He sells several of the 20/30 machines to yuppies, and a FEW larger ones to farmers. I have 3 friends who bought 45's - all three got rid of them within 6 months in favor of better machines. There are several of the McCormicks running around here, and people use/love the heck out of them.

My BIL has a CK-30 HST. it's a good yuppy tractor, but for farming - planting, raking, mowing, plowing, etc, pretty much everything except loader work, my 8N will work circles around it.

jda1961

or you could buy my used 2007 kioti DK55 and KL551 loader with 245 hour and no cab for 20,000. i'll throw in a nice pair of insulated coveralls to boot.

jda1961

i can buy brand new 55 hp without cab for 22000.00 and fel:pat:
so let me get this strait, you can get a 55 horsepower kioti dk55 with loader and cab for 38500, and the same thing without the cab for 22000, that must be some cab, a 16500 cab option is a lil high.

coobie

okay guys what are the pros and cons of these two tractors.I can buy a 55 hp shuttle shift kioti for $38500 plus tax with heat, air cab ,fel.30miles away.or I can buy a 50 hp Maccormick shuttle shift $36,000 plus tax with heat air cond cab ,fel . two miles away.I know you guys say horse power is the way to go but 5 hp isn't allot.anybody have any things to say about these two brands.I'm having a hard time deciding
I guess for me it would come down to who had the best dealer support,they both are good tractors.coobie

Baranx4

I have a Kioti DK40 Se and am very happy with the TLB so for, but if I was stepping up into the utility size tractors I don't think I would buy a kioti. Mostly due to options and parts availability. In my area we have a Kioti dealer that sells large volume and he doesn't sell many larger models, so besides servicing items and universal parts I think everything would have to be ordered.

I was also very surprised to find out this fall that, at the time, you could get a JD 5101E for less money than a DK70. I know it's not a dk 55 but...