How to tell what model RTV is, worksite, turf...

Luckystars

I bought this used with a huge dump bed on it. Must have been at a campground or RV park for picking up trash. I think it's a 2008. It has 24x9-12 tires that are almost like a golf cart tread. I'd like to put a mixed atv/street tire on it. I see a lot of options on ebay but they are all 420# rated. I found these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tusk-Trilo...pid=6025799703&hash=item4b50f3fc17:rk:15:pf:0

But they say only fits worksite not turf utility.

Vin is KRTV900A81094166

I think I have a 2008 but I have no idea what sub-model I have.
Any information on what I could put for tires on here is welcome
It does have the hydraulic dump bed.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You do have a 2008. It's the '8' in the 9th position of the VIN.
The turf didn't come with a dump bed.
I have a worksite and also have the A in the 8th position of the VIN. I'd need someone who doesn't have a worksite model to chime in and let us know if they have a different character in that position.
I don't know why it says they don't fit the turf model. I'm pretty sure all the RTV's came off the line with 25x10x12 tires.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Does it have a hyd dump ? or the extra hydraulics with more than 1 hyd lever? The turf or general purpose model had no hyd . I believe the utility model had an extra hyd cooler and more controls. This is only what I think I read way back but doesn't mean I'm right. I think the general purpose didn't come with a bumper from the factory either. collie

edit: I can only use a higher weight rated tire on my RTV. These things weigh around 2,000 lbs and so the light weight tires and thin plyed gave me lots of trouble . I went through many sets before finding my true love with the Blackwater Evolution. Thick plyed and high weight rated.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
OK, a couple more ideas.
Take a look at your VIN plate (right above the battery, left side). Is there a white sticker to the right of it with some barcodes? If so, at the top of that sticker, it says "Model RTV900W". If the last letter is a W, it's the worksite. I "think" if it ends in T, it's the turf, G is the General Purpose & R is the recreational.

Another option. From the back of the RTV, is there a hydraulic reservoir between the hitch and the bed? It'll be a black tank. If it has that, look to the right of it for hydraulic ports. If you have the tank and 2 ports (most likely with 2 hoses that go to your bed lift), you have the Worksite model. If no tank and no ports, you have the Turf. If you have the tank and 4 ports, you have the General Purpose. If your RTV is camo instead of orange, you have the Recreational model.

Luckystars

OK, a couple more ideas.
Take a look at your VIN plate (right above the battery, left side). Is there a white sticker to the right of it with some barcodes? If so, at the top of that sticker, it says "Model RTV900W". If the last letter is a W, it's the worksite. I "think" if it ends in T, it's the turf, G is the General Purpose & R is the recreational.

Another option. From the back of the RTV, is there a hydraulic reservoir between the hitch and the bed? It'll be a black tank. If it has that, look to the right of it for hydraulic ports. If you have the tank and 2 ports (most likely with 2 hoses that go to your bed lift), you have the Worksite model. If no tank and no ports, you have the Turf. If you have the tank and 4 ports, you have the General Purpose. If your RTV is camo instead of orange, you have the Recreational model.

I do not recall a white label near the VIN. It may have been painted over.
I have the black tank for the hyd dump with 2 lines and 1 lever.
Here are some pics of what I bought. The dump has been removed and a temp wooden flat bed installed, for now.

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds like you have the worksite model.

I'd go with the 25x10x12 tires. You can see on the tire sticker you posted, it's 25x10x12 for all versions of the RTV.

Maine

Replacement tire and wheel combo from a Kubota dealer may be less expensive then new tires alone, if the tire and wheel combo are purchased as "whole goods", not replacement parts.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i have a set of oem worksite tires on an 1100. they are very good for general purpose use. they wear like iron and don't tear up the grass and are good in off road just not deep mud.