4 25x10x12 grim reapers for $275.00

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I went thru many sets of tires with those low weight ratings on my 2005 RTV . I sold it with over 4200 hours and never was able to wear the tread out on any .All broke down, developed knots etc..- it's documented on here in my post on tires before I bought this 2011 model.
I used the original atv tires that came on my 2011 till they had very little tread and bought my blackwater revolutions with the high weight rating and great traction. . I only got a second set after I ran over a huge pointed stab with the rear tire at perhaps 2000 hrs? . They were wearing down anyway so I bought a complete set and put on the spare rims and mounted them on my machine. I do have the other 3 in the storage room waiting. Since the lug pattern is universal, I always have a spare anyways. bordercollie

I found this in an old thread : I went to the Mudlite XLs, XTRs, and now the 589's. :
I put back on the WS tires when I sold the 2005 because the grippers were not holding up. Also must add that one of the early sets were replaced by warranty and did the same thing as far as breaking down so that would be 4 sets I went through on the 2005 keeping the WS put up in storage. . I do use my machine on a family cattle farm so the loads are heavy most of the time. bordercollie

Last edited:

ovrszd

Good stuff here. This issue gets discussed frequently but always good to add more info. It's very hard to find tires that are rated high enough to meet the capacity of the RTV.

I think the importance of that issue is totally relevant to use.

In bordercollie's case above she is offering valuable lesson information. Your personal use may vary.

hondajoe

Tires

The tires I put on are 6 ply also.Same as Kubota used stock they must figure these are for trail riding mostly. If you are going to haul heavy often probably not your best choice.Plus ck tire pressure often a low tire will kill any tire .For me this tire is doing just fine.We must remember these are not tractors or trucks.JOE

ovrszd

I consider my RTV a mini Diesel 4x4 Truck with dump bed. I've hauled many loads that the hydraulics will barely dump. I've hauled a few that I had to lift on the bed while using the hydraulics to get it started.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
I consider my RTV a mini Diesel 4x4 Truck with dump bed. I've hauled many loads that the hydraulics will barely dump. I've hauled a few that I had to lift on the bed while using the hydraulics to get it started.

Curious Richard what the heck are you hauling!? I don’t disagree, I use mine like a dump truck too but even when the beds spilling over with gravel it’s always dumped before I could even get my head turned around to see where it’s going! Which btw is why I bought a hydro dump.

ovrszd

Curious Richard what the heck are you hauling!? I don’t disagree, I use mine like a dump truck too but even when the beds spilling over with gravel it’s always dumped before I could even get my head turned around to see where it’s going! Which btw is why I bought a hydro dump.

Dirt mostly. Gravel is light per cubic foot.

Attachments

• 20151011_111310 (1280x720).jpg
    20151011_111310 (1280x720).jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 20151009_135933 (1280x720).jpg
    20151009_135933 (1280x720).jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 20151108_134756 (1280x720).jpg
    20151108_134756 (1280x720).jpg
    19 KB · Views: 100

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Nice! I like the bed extension and headache rack, need to tickertack something like that together one of these days! Nice property btw, can't wait for summer

ovrszd

Thanks. Yeah the rack was a great addition.

Me too on the Summer thing. Our frost is almost gone now. I used the backhoe and dug up a large elm stump this morning.

I've got some small seeding projects to do this Spring. May get that done next week if we miss our current rain chances.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
back when i had my john deere hpx i had itp 589's on it and i over loaded it everyday the hpx was rated for 1000lbs but loaded it down with cement blocks/bricks/and iron plus pulled a trailer loaded with iron while the bed was full and never had any problems .i did always make sure to have atleast 20psi in them at all times wich is probably the max pressure for any atv tire.i had a picture of my hpx hooked to my trailer with 5400lbs of iron in trailer it bent my reciever down but tires held up.the rtv has about the same top speed as my old hpx had 25mph .unless your doing 45 mph or better i dont think you will have a problem just dont run over anything while loaded.lol as for them stock tires i think they are at489's or something like that .them tires are no good for anything really.i went into a rut one time and blew the front tire off the rim took forever to get it back seated on the bead not to mention they was a pop o matics a twig would go right through them .after a went with the 589's i had no problems . i run outlaws on my rhino they are about 6 years old now and one is dry totted it won't hold air so i let the air out of the other side and run them with no air at all .when mud riding i pump up the front so it will float but the rear stays flat.

Mark.Sibole

Its all I run on my RTV.I over load the hell out of it and have had zero issues.Great tire IMO and thats all ill ever buy...Ive had them on my machine since 05

ItBmine

Wow! Wish I could get tire prices like that here. Four 25 inch radials for my Sportsman are $1000 on sale!!!