RTV1140CPX lost its head is this all RTV's

J3SRanch

Ok I bought a Rtv1140cpx a few weeks back ran great everything works looked to be well taken care of 573 hours. Get it home use it a couple days and start noticing steam out the exhaust then came a quick over heat and I shut it down. Figured a head gasket as I was getting bubbles in radiator. So I ordered a gasket and when it came in I tore into it. Once I got the head off my luck the head has multiple cracks. So I start looking on the internet and made a few calls to dealerships. Serial number 14301 on machine and D1105-9L3910 engine serial number. 3 different dealerships they give me 3 different part numbers 1G065-03044, 1J096-03040 then 1G053-03044. Everyone with different prices ranging from 600 to 1000 dollars. Confused i got back on the world wide web just to add to my confusion. I have found where all part numbers should interchange while the dealers especially the higher priced on told me it was only that head part number only for my machine. In the meantime I set the head back on the block until I figured out what to do. Well right on this head is the cast number D1305 as on a completely different engine number. Now I'm really scratching my head. So does anyone have any knowledge of the head on these D1105 engines. According to what I have found the one thing I am certain of is the motor was built in June of 2009. After that I am struggling. Which head do I need? Any help?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
could it be that the different part numbers are for more or less complete heads? maybe the cheap one hasn't any valves etc. could it be that someone else has installed the wrong head before you purchased? the engine should be a D1105 but there may be some differences as the engines progressed in years to meet epa specs.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
We need Dennis' (D and D ) dealer to sort this out maybe he will check in and sort out a good dealer to call.
Did you find out what made it run hot? maybe the fan not working or loose/bad hose connection ? collie

J3SRanch

I'm supposing low water. The radiator was pretty dirty also. But I do agree someone has to have put the D1305 head on at some point. All the heads I priced were for complete heads with valves ready to install. They are clearly different price according to serial numbers or dealership up charges.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
ok
1J096-03040 is a stripped head no valves.
1G053-03044 is a complete head supercedes 1G053-03045 and 1G053-03040
1G065-03044 is a kit

please confirm this info before you continue.

Last edited:

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
the 1100 series is prone to overheat if the radiator gets dirty. also needs to have the air purged carefully. they cured this by adding another radiator to the X series.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
That's good information Aurthuritis.

i just googled the part numbers and made sure more than one retailer agreed. anyone using this info should confirm and satisfy themselves to it's accuracy before purchasing.

the overheating part comes from experience. the 1100 will do just fine but requires the radiator to be blown out every so often. and i never shut down an engine unless it idles for a few minutes first. to avoid heat soak.

J3SRanch

Aurthuritis may I ask where you found the Serial number references you gave. Because if that is correct the highest priced one from the dealerships was the 1J and you are saying it is a bare head. The dealer said it was a complete head pricing as was the other 1G's when priced. I did even call the dealer back and asked a second time on that one. on a website I found about the parts number lookups and schematics it is where I found the part about 1 succeeds the others. I do not remember in which order but I can go back and check. After I get this fixed I want to figure out a better radiator system on mine either a kit to update this one or figure a way to just add a bigger radiator somehow.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i just googled the part numbers to see what came up. i would confirm the info is correct before ordering anything. i noticed the price differential also. as for the radiator i think from experience that trying to change the radiator out for a bigger one isn't practical. it really isn't that difficult to blow it out and doesn't need it that often,just pay attention to the gauge. purging the air is probably the most important thing and that isn't that difficult either just do it.

J3SRanch

That is the problem 3 different dealerships 3 different part numbers all with valves ready for install. None want to commit to "this is the Head for your machine" except the guy dealer with the high dollar head. If the 650 dollar head works I'm human I want that one. I all 3 were confirmed to be Kubota original brand new heads not remanned or some off brand aftermarket head.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i used the illustrated parts book on the above link. i found all of the referenced part numbers but there is a serial number break and the prefix number on the part number is different.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Have you tried Messicks Eqpt? They are usually knowledgeable- I used their parts diagrams when I needed to see how things went together.
Does your radiator have a removable screen? Mine did and caught lots of stuff although it was necessary to blow it out still . I also would rinse with water and then blow while wet- lots of stuff came out still even. collie

J3SRanch

Talked to a parts guy at the Kubota dealership this evening going to call back in the morning. But as of right now HE believes the 1G053-03044 is the one and the 1G065 will also work. But can't explain price differences the appear to be exactly the same. Will let you know when I know

v10rick

Site Supporter
I replaced the head on my RTV900 with a complete assembly. It was cracked above the center cylinder.

Before you install a new head confirm the block is flat.

I paid $900 for an OEM head, the gasket kit was about $100. Supposedly OEM head assemblies are pressure tested.
The lowest priced heads were either bare, rebuilt or Chinese knockoffs.

J3SRanch

Thank you collie
What I have been told today and what I have been suspecting is both the 1G065-03044 and the 1G053-03044 will interchange. They are the same part but they just had a numbers break. The 1J096-03040 is for a newer 7 digit serial number engine. Hopefully Dennis could confirm before 1000 bucks changes hands.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
probably a slight design change to make the engine EPA compliant. could be a slight increase or decrease in compression or even the swirl chamber dimensions etc. you should go back to the above link and look to see if the part number for the pistons change with the corresponding serial numbers. if the piston part numbers are the same before and after the serial number break then it is "MY OPINION" that either head would be fine. and it could be that either would be fine anyway as long as you aren't in California.