Kubota X1100C with PTO K-Connect

Etwman

It's finally here! I've waited a long time for this one. 66" Snowblower, 66" Rotary Broom, and newly designed V Plow. All PTO shaft driven and switch out in 2 min between implements Very Very Slick.

Roctane Tires push through snow great too!

Attachments

• IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 569
  • IMG_0280.jpg
    IMG_0280.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 565

Etwman

It was well thought out. I will probably put a turbo on it, as I did with my other RTV1100. They make a huge difference. They aren't that hard to install. I did it myself in about 4 hours or so. SWAG is the way to go.

I see things I like with the new X1100C that the 1100 didn't have, but then there are some things I miss. Kubota needs to have a drive lockout on their RTV's when the parking brake is on. Like it just won't move period. They moved the parking brake lever in the new x1100C's, but then moved the engaged light to the center console, so now you don't see it as often. Once again you find yourself occasionally moving it with the brake on.

I'm somewhat surprised that Kubota doesn't show this setup on their website yet, especially heading into winter. They are the only UTV out there with a mid PTO to run implements.

Once I run the blower the first time I'll post some feedback and pics.

I have a boss v plow on my 1100. The x1100C seems to squat alot more in the front end with a plow/blower on it. Not sure if there is a adjustment I can make with the shocks or not. If anyone knows I'd love some feedback.. Thanks

T

Toolman77

You have a nice setup, I am sure you will be able to plow anything and everything Mother Nature throws at you. You can adjust the front shocks with a spanner wrench to make them stiffer. It helps a little with the additional weight. Have fun and be safe, Tim

Etwman

Thanks, I will look into that. I have found with these RTV's that there are two very key ingredients with moving snow with them.

1. Weight in the bed. 500 lbs of ballast weight. I simply grab 10 bags of rock salt and throw them in the bed.

2. Tires! The more aggressive the better. I run Rocktane's on both. They just dig and dig. We had a 30" blizzard here last year and that 1100 just pushed and pushed. I was amazed how much snow you could move with a boss v plow on it. I never once got it stuck. It's like a sherman tank.

Kanook

Thanks for the info and welcome to the forum...Look forward to your opinion on the performance of the snow blower.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
Wow! That is a nice package of gadgets! I am envious. I bet they all work well.

Etwman

Here's my first beef with this setup from Kubota. These implements are heavy on the front end of the x1100's. They don't include a spanner wrench when you buy the kubota RTV to adjust the firmness of the front shocks. If you don't crank it up all the way it'll fall flat on its face when you lift these attachments. One would think, when you spend nearly $40k on this type of setup they would include this simple wrench to adjust these front shocks.

It's not like you are asking them to provide tools to install a turbo and intercooler on the thing, you just need a tool provided to make simple front end adjustments. So if you go this route be prepared to have to go find this tool. And no you don't have to take it to the dealership to make this adjustment, you can do it yourself.

Etwman

Thanks, here's a shot of our 1100 with the boss on it next to the new x1100c.

Attachments

• IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 437

Etwman

We had an ice storm last week and I had the opportunity to run the rotary broom on the new RTV. The rotary broom is hydraulic angle and is 66" wide. To say I was impressed was an understatement. It took about an inch and a half of ice and threw it about 30 feet into the woods. By adjusting the engine rpm you can control the speed of the broom. It took everything down to bare pavement real fast.

With this quick connect you have the option of down pressure on all the implements or float. You have to be careful that you just use the float option on implements like this and the snowblower.

Attachments

• IMG_0315.jpg
    IMG_0315.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 382

foxalaska

Are you using the 12v motor on your Boss, or are you using the hydraulics from the machine? Ready to buy a new 6'6" Boss V. Not sure if the alt will run the plow and a shitload of working lights I'm putting on it.

Etwman

The boss v plow is setup to run electric from the RTV to its own plow 12v electric/hydraulic pump, which is the way you want it with a plow. The new K Connect is the same way.

I had the old Curtis plow originally and that thing is a piece of junk. It's well worth the cost of either a boss straight blade or v plow on the older 1100's.

You won't have an electric problem. I have three roof lights on my 1100, headlights, along with some other stuff, all which is on while I was plowing with it.

foxalaska

Thank you for the info. I'm getting the LED upgrade for the plow lights and also will be running two cab mounted working lights, two cab mounted rear lights and a strobe. All LED. The plow lights have some type of lens heater so they don't frost over. Any idea what the alt amps are on these machines? Also, the quote for the plow with a snow deflector and LED upgrade($682) was $5100. This is from the Boss dealer in Fairbanks. Am I getting ripped off?

Etwman

I bought mine from centralparts.com. Bought a lot of plows from them. Shipped it in a crate. Takes about 2 hours to put together and hook up but no one could touch their prices. They are expensive but that seems a little much. You and a friend can put it together fairly quick. There's not a lot too it.

Etwman

Well here's a few things about the Curtis plow:

1. The moldboard isn't that high, so any storm more than 4" and it starts coming over the top.
2. The electric lift motor is very slow.
3. You have to use the dump lever to angle it, so you're reaching back there with your left hand all the time.
4. It's a pain to take on and off.
5. The RTV as a whole can handle a lot more plow. The Curtis plow is like putting a 36" mower deck on a 40 hp tractor.
6. Ground clearance stinks. it doesn't lift high and you get hung up all the time. I've never gotten hung up with the Boss, and I've pushed up some huge piles.

And I could go on and on. I know a lot of guys that have dumped this plow and went to Boss or others. It's just a real cheap option for plowing and is a pain. Once you go to Boss, you'll think you died and went to heaven.

For some reason the $3900 for the Boss seems a lot closer to what I paid.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Well here's a few things about the Curtis plow:

1. The moldboard isn't that high, so any storm more than 4" and it starts coming over the top.
2. The electric lift motor is very slow.
3. You have to use the dump lever to angle it, so you're reaching back there with your left hand all the time.
4. It's a pain to take on and off.
5. The RTV as a whole can handle a lot more plow. The Curtis plow is like putting a 36" mower deck on a 40 hp tractor.
6. Ground clearance stinks. it doesn't lift high and you get hung up all the time. I've never gotten hung up with the Boss, and I've pushed up some huge piles.

And I could go on and on. I know a lot of guys that have dumped this plow and went to Boss or others. It's just a real cheap option for plowing and is a pain. Once you go to Boss, you'll think you died and went to heaven.

For some reason the $3900 for the Boss seems a lot closer to what I paid.

I won't argue with your conclusions but for my plowing the Curtis is just fine. I plow a lot of curvy drives and have little need to change the plow angle often. I've also moved 14" of the white stuff without any issues.

I've hit curbs, broken concrete seams with enough force to send the 900 sideways and the Curtis is still straight and the mounting is solid. I did go to bigger shoes but it's otherwise stock.

Do I wish I had a BOSS V yup but I'm not ready to say the Curtis is junk. It's a dang capable plow just not a Boss V.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
As an owner of both Deere and Kubota, all I have to say is I have both Green and Orange snow removal equipment. It's all good. :)

Attachments

• CIMG7695.jpg
    CIMG7695.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 372