plan to sell ward gilson tractor but want know what right price.

Milwaukee

I am consider about sell my blue tractor I do believe it 70's with brigg 16 hp

That ag tires will not be include for that because it will be put on case 222.

here pictures of ward so tell me what your opinion how much those go for ? I could get 350 dollars If I post on craiglisted.com but that 350 dollars sound too high. It have mower deck with new 3 belts it cost me about 70 dollars. Mower deck cost almost 100 dollars it was out state and that tractor cost 75 dollars but spend almost 50 dollars to fix engine to run good.

img007.jpg

img006.jpg

img005.jpg

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I do not keep up on lawn tractor prices ... but $350 for a running tractor with a working mower deck sounds like a good deal to me. It looks 'bad' with those AG tires. :thumb:

Mith

I'd work out what you paid for it all, then add $50-100 for profit. If it doesnt sell, so what? :D

Milwaukee

Well I did post on craiglist and 2 hours later lady want buy it. She is from Florida so she say her securitary will sent check to me then must pay 50 dollars to shipping.

Wow I hope get check today or tomorrow then i can buy nice 1984 e250 van with diesel. I hope get that van. When get that then I will plan repaint roof because it was already sand off but didn't paint it.

Anyone like van with diesel? here pictures it look so good for 600 dollars.
010100010200010403200710153b894b4b04be633174003d73.jpg

0101030102100104092007101501cc7987278d52ade000bf3f.jpg

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats on selling it so quick. I'm surprised someone that far away would buy a mower over craigs list. You would think they would want to see it and try it out.

The van looks good. I had a 89 Chevy full size and the roof on it also lost it's paint. I can't remember the reason but lots of vans had that issue.
Is the van a 3/4 ton? What engine is in it.

Mith

She is from Florida so she say her securitary will sent check to me then must pay 50 dollars to shipping.
Thats possibly a scam. Don't send any money to anyone.

Milwaukee

I did watch her e-mail she say she have security in Michigan so I think i will watch that check to make sure it correct and here she say

Hello, i really appreciate your response to my earlier mail.like i said
i will like to buy this item so pls do withdraw the advert from
Craigslist. I will also like you to know that i will be paying via
check due to the distance as i am located in Florida.I will need you
to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing
of the check.

1.Your full name
2.Your mailing address be it residential address
3.Your phonenumber.

**I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for
shipping i will have my mover come over as soon as you have cashed the
check**

hello.
thanks for your trust and i want you to faithful with me concerning the transaction but i will like to tell you that the payment will be sent to you by my secretary and i want you to remove it from the computer because i have never buy on the computer and i dont want any delay so please kindly bear with me....there will be over payment on the check in which i have to include the shippers money with your money because they have to pick some other items for me in your location....once you you have the payment i want you to deposit the check into your bank and cash it. upon the confirmation of the payment you will deduct your own money and deduct $50 for your running arounds fee, and send the remaining money to the shipper via western union money transfer or money gram transfer because they have to use the money for the pick up in your place..

Note.......you have to follow this instruction so that i can have the trust on you and you should not forget that you are going to send the shippers fund as soon as the check clear in your bank..ok
thanks and hope to read from you soonest

best regards

hello, how are you doing today, i will like to tell you that you should hold it for me because my secretary have issue the payment to you and just go and remove it from computer...ok
thamks and get back to me

I thought she not real in Florida so I did research her names it real person in Florida.

Milwaukee

Congrats on selling it so quick. I'm surprised someone that far away would buy a mower over craigs list. You would think they would want to see it and try it out.

The van looks good. I had a 89 Chevy full size and the roof on it also lost it's paint. I can't remember the reason but lots of vans had that issue.
Is the van a 3/4 ton? What engine is in it.

It have diesel 6.9l with c6 auto transmission. I believe it 1 ton but I am not expert on van but love this one it look nice color. Best thing it have 106,000 miles on it but owner say he own for 4 months it have 100,000 so he add 6,000 miles and no problem but need check antifreeze to make sure it full.

Milwaukee

My mistake he say it 3/4 ton but he say it very big van than now new van is.

Sound good van plus I am very drool on that when I did research with my dad's f250 with v10 and this van with diesel.

I was shock that van diesel actual save almost 70 dollars for fuel than f250 with v10:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: That why my 3 uncles told my Dad should get now because 7 years ago gas price was very cheap than diesel but now diesel is almost tie to gas price but in summer diesel price would be about 2.30 but gas price would be 3.30 dollars. Can you believe we pay almost 145 dollars for gas.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
IMO, thats the makings of a scam.

I agree with Mith. All the makings of a scam. Third and fourth party involved in the financial side, long distance away, they will arrange for pickup, etc . . . The check will bounce several days after deposit or will turn out to be forged.

Jim

Milwaukee

Darn
I hope check is real if not then I be very mad. But I will show check to bank before cash to make sure it real check

But i don't think she is scam because she keep answer e-mail most night and morning afternoon but I thought if it scam then you would not get e-mail.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It sounds a lot like other scam letters I've seen posted. If the check is drawn on a bank outside the US be very wary. They can take a long time to come back for NSF or account closed. Hopefully your bank will be able to advise you on this.
They always answer their emails until the scam is done. You might google the email address to see if anyone else complained about it ....but even if you do not get a hit, they change email addresses as often as underwear, and since email addresses are free they are very easy to change.
Keep us posted on how this works out.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
...there will be over payment on the check in which i have to include the shippers money with your money because they have to pick some other items for me....once you you have the payment i want you to deposit the check into your bank and cash it. upon the confirmation of the payment you will deduct your own money and deduct $50 for your running arounds fee, and send the remaining money to the shipper via western union money transfer ...

...you have to follow this instruction so that i can have the trust on you and you should not forget that you are going to send the shippers fund as soon as the check clear in your bank.

I thought she not real in Florida so I did research her names it real person in Florida.
This is certainly a scam. 'She' sends you a check to deposit that looks good but will bounce 3 weeks later. You are supposed to send your own real money via Western Union immediately - before your bank has learned the out-of-state check won't go through. That's the scam.

The scammer doesn't want your lawn tractor, they want your money that they are asking you to send immediately via Western Union. As soon as you mail them your own money you will never hear from them again. Any legitimate buyer would pay the shipper with their own money. You should insist they pay the shipper. I predict they will cancel the purchase and call you bad names, or simply disappear.

If you want to play with 'her' ask if she will accept your personal check instead of a Western Union Money Transfer. (But don't really send one!)

Craigslist pages have a warning to Deal Locally and Never Use Western Union Money Transfers. That is because these scams are so common.

If you decide to go ahead, don't buy that Western Union Money order for at least a month, to give your bank time to hear back from the Florida bank. Banks will often make three attempts to get payment on a check before they notify you there is a problem. When this is out of state that can take a long time, and in the meanwhile they will tell you there is no problem.

You have been scammed. The net step is up to you - send your good money in exchange for a worthless check, or cancel this 'sale' (scam) and sell locally. I would do the second.

B

bczoom

I'll pile on and say it's probably a scam.

E-mail the buyer and tell them to send the check for the shipping charges directly to the shipper.

If you do get a check and take it to the bank, inquire as to what they're going to charge you if the check bounces. If it's not a real check, can/will you get in legal trouble as well?

Milwaukee

Ok I think I will try sell ward again:angry:

Well When she tell me gave money to shipper because I just think it wrong because they should sent itself instead me responsible for that.

here e-mail but you say try look for that e-mail it no search for that. it is faith.mary02@gmail.com

B

bczoom

Sorry it wasn't a legitimate buyer.

Does anyone have the text/e-mail from the guy in Africa or wherever that has $27 million or something like that he wants to give you?

Someone should send that to her...

Mark777

Yeah Dan,

She is most probably a *HE*, and the first thing he did was try and have you remove the listing, then sends you a phony check - to stall the illegitimate transaction (or somehow access your bank routing numbers) and then states arrangements to ship your tractor to Florida....It ALL stinks to high heaven.

Re-list the tractor and be a little patient. Someone who is honest will buy it down the road.

Mark

Milwaukee

Or low price will be best but I pay very much but don't want lose money that I pay for all parts on it.

Well anyone want this ward garden tractor for 300 dollars with old turf tires.

Milwaukee

Ok she or he e-mail and say.

hello,
i will like to tell you that i send a cashier check to you and i want you to be honest with me when you receive the payment,
Moreso, the shipper have to pick another items for me so that is why i decide to include the fund with your own money . upon the confirmation of the money dont forget to send the remaining money to the shipper, but now i havenever know the shipping comapny that will pick up the items for me .
I will send you the shipper information immediately you receive the payment..

So I answer to that.
Ok I will wait but one thing I would like your address and name before I sent garden tractor to you.
Thank

SO that mean they drop out because i want their address and name.

But I am suspect because that person sound not from this USA because their spell seem to wrong.

And if that person sent me check so what I should look at check for make sure it not fake or scam? Look number or special color on check.