Who else has a ZTR?

Mith

I dont mean lack of power when I say working limit of the engine, but they can only be tilted so far before they starve of oil and sieze......

PBinWA

Bimp.

Doc, BC:

What did you pay for your ZTR's?

Man - I think ZTR shopping is more frustrating than tractor shopping.

Thanks,

PB

B

bczoom

I paid $6500 for mine.

PS. Correction. Mine has a 25hp, not 23.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Bimp.

Doc, BC:

What did you pay for your ZTR's?

Man - I think ZTR shopping is more frustrating than tractor shopping.

Thanks,

PB

I started to get the Scag tiger cub for a little under 7k, but they lowered the price on a Scag Wildcat from 8300 to 7500 and I upgraded to that model.
It is built very heavy duty, but it does not have a comfortable suspension. The seat is extra comfortable, but I still have to slow down for the bumpy sections of my yard (4 acres) or else I'll jar my teeth loose and hurt my back.

Attachments

• Scag_ZTR.jpg
    Scag_ZTR.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 8
B

bczoom

I'll also have to say that my seat is comfortable but lacking of a decent suspension on bumpy areas.
In my yard, I'm fine and can go as fast as I want (comfortably).
At the bunker (which is pretty bumpy), it's not a fun ride...

grandpa

I got a new Toro ZTR with a heavy, welded deck and love it. Took me about 15 minutes to learn to use it and about 5 minutes of "review" the next 3 or 4 times I used it. No problems now. Where I have good bermuda grass and a smooth surface, I can mow as fast as it can run. In the rougher spots or where there is still a lot of native grasses, I have to go real slow, but it still cuts good. There is one pretty steep slope (more than 15 degrees) where I have to favor one side on steering, but it hasn't tried to turn over on me at all. I have the same handle adjustment problem as Doc, but I kept my manual which has instructions on adjusting it. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.