TYM's Poor Service!!!!!!

Cripple

Has anyone had this type of problems with new TYM tractor?
I purchase a TYM tractor T433CAB, 42.7 hp, 4X4 4 cylinder with loader and back hoe on May 7, 2010 from Mountainview Tractor &Equipment LLC 41 King Road Stanley, New Mexico 87056. Since it was delivered the sync shuttle transmission’s mid-range has not worked. The dealer has been in contact with the manufacture and has installed all the parts provided by TYM and it still does not work. This last time the dealer has had it since October of 2011; he has been in contact with TYM and has not gotten a solution to fix this issue. I personally have called TYM and tried contacted a Mike Green, Andy (service manager), and Gerald Johnson the only solution that they have offered is to replace the transmission totally, but they cannot begin the work until May of this year (2012).

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
If it has been in their shop for more then 6 months, I'd have them classify it as a lemon and give you a new one.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
If it has been in their shop for more then 6 months, I'd have them classify it as a lemon and give you a new one.
Outrageous. That is horrible service.
I know nothing about the lemon laws if they apply to tractors, if they are different for each state etc etc. but if I were you I'd sure look into them. Like BC said, they should simply replace the tractor and move on. No way should you have to wait until may for a new tranny. If you did you can bet something else would get in the way of them giving it back to you in working order on time. Sad. I feel for you man.

shvl73

I agree with the others, this is crap. TYM and the dealer are both responsible to their customer. Have you inquired if you have any legal recourse? If it is a design/manufacture issue TYM should be all over this. I suspect it is a manufacture issue vs. design, as it seems to be isolated. Maybe TYM has provided parts & resources but, the dealer has been unable to correctly fix? either way, TYM regional should re-direct to you and what will satisfy you, now. I hope we hear better news in the future. Please keep us updated.

fullthrottle

TYM Issues

Yes I have had electrical issues with my tractor and took years to get it right. At first they replaced relays which would last anywhere from 5 months to 30 days or less give or take. In all 4 times of replacement then a complete wiring harness which when powered to the battery, fried the new harness. Then they sent out a new wiring harness and so far everything seems to be working. Lets talk now about the down time for the tractor. each time the tractor was down it took weeks for parts and for the dealer to come out and replace. I have no issues with the dealer. but try to get ahold of TYM good luck!! I have been emailing them for months and just received a email from a Gerald Johnson his reply was this "I will be out of the office and unable to return your email until further notice, if you need immediate assistance pleases contact..............

Thank You

Gerald

What kind of a response is this? I am looking for some kind of compensation which seems fair for loss of time and money.

fla45fan

Hey fullthrottle, what issues were you having? My 353HST shuts off intermittently. Can't figure out why it's doing this.

fullthrottle

It was a faulty wiring harness, which was replaced and rewired then hooked up wrong and fried wires dealer had to redo all over again. To get this all done as fast as possible I called TYM good luck getting ahold of anyone there. Problem seems to be resolved so far. To this day I keep sending TYM emails for some kind of compensation of downtime and they will not reply which I find no way to treat a customer.

fullthrottle

To answer the ? It would run fine but when you went to start it up it was a crap shoot didn't know if it would start again. No tell tale signs.