Kubota Welds

ciep

Does anyone out there have issues with the welds on steps, fenders etc. I have a 8200 that seems to always be falling apart at the seams literally. Just curious if I was the only one. Suggestions, opinions welcomed.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum! :tiphat:

Glad you found us!

I haven't had trouble with any of the welds.

I started with a B2910. no troubles at all with it.

Traded it for an L3400 several years ago. I've had two hydraulic hoses go bad on it.

I bought a BX2350 for my wife to use around the horse barn two years ago. Had one problem with it, the transfer case that transfers power from the pto to the mower deck seized up when it was 4 months old.

Maybe someone will come along who's had a problem.

Jim

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nope, I have not noticed a problem with the welds on my Grand L3010. All are find. But I do believe the 8200 was made a good bit earlier. What year is your tractor?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Heck that is newer than mine. Mine is a 2002. Step and everything are holding up great though. Mine was made in Japan. I think they made many of the BX's in Georgia.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I think they made many of the BX's in Georgia.

Doc, you moved some cobwebs.

Which 8200 is yours? The B8200 began life in the 1980's and is build like a tank.

Seems like there was an M series 8200 a few years ago that didn't stay in the line very long.

Kubota did have some step and fender problems a few years ago but I think it was the B3030.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Hmm..........according to Kubota's website the B8200 was built in 1981-1983.
The M8200 was built 1989-2000

TractorData.com says the B8200 was built between 1983-2000, but I trust Kubota's info more.

ciep

I looked it up under tractor data.com and it looks like production years were from 1999 and beyond.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I can only tell you what I get when I searched on a B8200.

Attachments

• B8200.jpg
    B8200.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 65

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That is a nice looking tractor. Is yours a 73hp ciep? Do you have the cab on it also? :thumb:
I googled looking for info about others having weld issues on the M8200 and did not find anything.
Have you talked to your dealer about the issue?

urednecku

My M7040 is about 1 1/2 years old, I haven't found any problems with welds yet, but I will look next time I use it. My main complaint is the shifter for HI/LOW range is a pain to get to & shift. It's too low (or short) & hard to shift sometimes.

ciep

yep, getting the run around. I was hoping to to find something to take back to them. Figured if I could show there are or have been other issues out there I would be able to show them and push a bit. Thanks for all the input...

Mith

Got any pictures of the welds?
Wouldnt be the first time I have heard of defective Kubota welds. Its pretty evident from the look of the welds if they are defective or not.

ciep

Mith,

I don't, but the darn weld for the step is ridicules. Never hit, just normal use getting up and down. That's just one example. So you have heard of other issues? I think I need to press the dealer a bit more.

Mith

1 case some welds on a loader being blatantly defective, very poor welding. That was on a new machine though.

To tell you the truth, I think you'll have a very hard time getting the dealer to do anything.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Maybe you could have the dealer contact a Kubota Rep. for you. And have them take a look.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I was on my tractor the other day and looked at my step a little closer. It is not welded it's bolted on. Holding up fine though.

Any progress on your issues clep?