Net Tractor Talk

Go Back   Net Tractor Talk > Prospective Buyer Forums > Tractor Selection Forum

Tractor Selection Forum Do you need help with figuring out what size or type of tractor you need? Ask your questions right here.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:39 PM

pistol is on a distinguished road
Default please help

have a kubota 900 rtv. customer brought it to me and said it over heated, ive worked in a kubota dealership for 3.5 years. dont now tho i work for myself. i've done a hundred head jobs on these and tractors. there water in the oil. i figured as usual it's a cracked head..... obtained a head from a good source. sent to a machine shop, checked for cracks, had complete head reworked. installed reman head. flushed milk from crankcase x2. had radiator rodded. fill with antifreeze and new thermostat & sensor for the fan and gage. within 20 min of running rad was low. shut it off & pulled the dipstick to find milk. i used the new style gasket that dont need the o-ring on the head. the unit starts and runs flawlessly. where can the water be gettin into the oil from? thanks in advance. pistol
Old 04-28-2015, 08:05 PM

bordercollie is on a distinguished road

Pistol, Try sending member "Adams Repair" a pm if he doesn't see this thread. He might can point you in the right direction. He is very good at this. (to find members, look at the drop down box under community on the page heading. also see about posting this thread under RTV owners group . collie
Old 04-30-2015, 08:48 PM

pistol is on a distinguished road

thank you brother. i pulled up a parts breakdown of the timing cover and block. seems the genius engineers decided there needs to be a freeze plug in the block behind the timing cover. and why wouldnt you put a brass one here? i tore it down and shure as hell it was the only one leaking. (replaced it with brass) all better now. thank you for the help/input. golf carts are my main staple. im the only one in mississippi that'll work on alot of the off brands, zone,par,fairplay ruff&tuff, hunt v, ect. if i can ever help anyone ... pistolsrepair@live.com
The Following User Says Thank You to pistol For This Useful Post:
bordercollie (04-30-2015)
Old 04-30-2015, 09:41 PM

bordercollie is on a distinguished road

Ha Pistol !!! That is unbelievable !! I am going to file that hiding place away . No telling how many folks have had the same problem and not found that freeze plug hidden like that. Great detective work !!!!!
I will keep in mind your cart link too. I know a fella N of Jackson with a cart on his ranch but we don't have one here.. just the Bota and b-i-l's 4 whlr ,besides tractors..
Anyways, thank you for letting us know the outcome and the solution. sister collie
Old 04-30-2015, 10:08 PM

OrangeBuggy is on a distinguished road
Style: RedGray

That is a nice bit of info. Glad you found problem and were able to fix it. Thanks for letting us know.